The Cost of Driver CPC Training

I am writing this post absolutely scathing at the variations on the cost of this ridiculous CPC training. My dad is looking to do the CPC course ( why I do not know as he is 76yrs old in 9 days time! ) so he called me earlier today to pick my brains with regard to the cost of the courses. I have done my 35hrs but my employer recently issued us all with a letter advising us employees of CPC course’s in the vicinity of each depot, all course’s are inclusive of VAT and registration fee and are as follows:

ABERDEEN

Whytes Coaches
Cost per course: £58.80

DGM
Cost per course:£50.75

■■■■■■■■■■■

GTG Training
Cost per course:£128.75

Ritchies
Cost per course: £118.25

MIDDLESBROUGH

North East Logistics Academy
Cost per course: £44.75

Teeside LGV Training
Cost per course:£74.75

Gt YARMOUTH

Swift Taxis
Cost per course: £60

NTS
Cost per course:£90

Well Gentlemen I think this speaks volumes about who and where the most profiteering is going on, I find it incredible too that normally extortionate for anything Aberdeen is amongst the cheapest areas for this ridiculous training. Well I hope you all take stock on who the rip off boys are taking full advantage of our requirements to earn a living. Absolutely disgraceful and all because the government sees a cash cow nothing to do with standards in the slightest.

My mate has just got on a course in Surrey being run for a small firm at £32 a session or £40 including breakfast & hot drinks all day inc vat & registration. Gutted I missed out on it after seeing some of the ridiculous course costs being advertised. Upto £400 of hard earned for something being forced upon us that I really see as a total waste of money & don’t give a monkeys about!

I have done courses from 125 quid down to 50
the more expensive one came with an excellent
3 course lunch plus the usual tea and bickies

and a good selection of handouts
the cheaper ones tea and bickies and not
much else

and the accomadation was anything from fully
prepped meeting rooms to staff rest room

you pays your money and takes your choice

OP I feel your pain pal, :imp: but what’s your old man thinking at his age! :laughing: he SHOULD OF WRITTEN THE DCPC! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Are all those courses the same type of course?

hitch:

much else

If I want a 3 course lunch I will go to a restaurant! !! The fact of the matter is this is a government sponsored racket, I can assure you when I was forced to do this rubbish I never learned anything I didn’t know already in my 26yrs on the road, of course given you can do the same module 5 times where is the sense in that? Total nonsense! !!

ROG:

■■? I would assume so as the final aim is to get that ■■■■■■ little plastic card in order to continue doing the job we have always done, would you believe me if I said I haven’t killed anyone or caused mass damage over the last 26yrs through their being no Deplorable Cash Producing Con

rivits:

hitch:

much else

If I want a 3 course lunch I will go to a restaurant! !! The fact of the matter is this is a government sponsored racket, I can assure you when I was forced to do this rubbish I never learned anything I didn’t know already in my 26yrs on the road, of course given you can do the same module 5 times where is the sense in that? Total nonsense! !!

Spot on…

Fatboy slimslow:
OP I feel your pain pal, :imp: but what’s your old man thinking at his age! :laughing: he SHOULD OF WRITTEN THE DCPC! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh tell me about it m8 he has been retired since he was 60 too, he winna be happy till he keels over at the wheel of his V8 Scania, he is forever telling me he will get me a job at the place he works ’ best fleet of lorries in the country Scottie’ aye no thanks Dad I aint dropping£2 ph for a fancy motor lol!!!

There’ll be a lot of trainers out of work come end of October.

Articload:
My mate has just got on a course in Surrey being run for a small firm at £32 a session or £40 including breakfast & hot drinks all day inc vat & registration.

Does the small print include the upload fee?
And there are some companies that hide extras that might occur.

As for the comment by Dav1d i know of a few drivers that are going to do there next 35hrs in December.
And get it all out the way for another 10years!!!

skypilot:

Articload:
My mate has just got on a course in Surrey being run for a small firm at £32 a session or £40 including breakfast & hot drinks all day inc vat & registration.

Does the small print include the upload fee?And there are some companies that hide extras that might occur.As for the comment by Dav1d i know of a few drivers that are going to do there next 35hrs in December.And get it all out the way for another 10years!!!

no need :sunglasses: 11 sept 2014 will do! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

rivits:

ROG:

■■? I would assume so as the final aim is to get that [zb] little plastic card in order to continue doing the job we have always done, would you believe me if I said I haven’t killed anyone or caused mass damage over the last 26yrs through their being no Deplorable Cash Producing Con

yes now I know what DCPC stands for :sunglasses: cheers rivits :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Dav1d:
There’ll be a lot of trainers out of work come end of October.

let’s hope so pal :sunglasses: :laughing: I wish that too! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: