The cost of Driver CPC Courses

Many drivers are complaining of the cost of DCPC courses and whether they are value for money/waste of time, but I don’t recall a thread running about where you can get the cheapest.

Some firms charge considerable amounts, claiming that their courses are excellent value for money - well for me excellent value for money would be the cheapest possible option of getting the DQC!

So lets have some posts on these cheap options and share the cost savings with others.

DATA ACADEMY LGV training Leicester have a drivers hours course which was about £50 all inclusive a few months ago

Some providers state a price for a course but then add VAT and upload fee

Driver Hire leave individual offices to charge the “local going rate.”

Driver Hire Sheffield were recently charging £65 all-in, that includes
7 Hour Course + VAT + Continuous Refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Squash,
Biscuits etc) Lunch and Uploading Fee.

If you wanna drive - do your 35.[/b]

lincoln college do courses £60 per module or £250 if you book all 5 together. Dont have to be done all in same week free refreshments

Anglia Logistics Transport Training Academy Ltd (ALTTA)
Based in Peterborough have courses available for individuals and company at £30 plus vat and registration. Free tea and coffee and weekend courses have a light lunch provided.

No minimum numbers either. If only one person books a course then it will run and will not be called off.

First Aid and Fork truck courses are a bit more expensive.

Hope this is not breaking rules just answering the question

Edit to say this price is for training at the Peterborough Academy.

Member ‘tachograph’ here was meant to be doing a list of them all but he still hasn’t got round to it. I don’t know what the hold up is.

how about a list of people who will swap some beer tokens to say you’ve attended? :wink:

In my area - North East - UGET TRAINING charge £50 per day all in. That includes tea/coffee, light snacks and upload.

Never used them so don’t know what they are like. Unfortunately I didn’t spot them and paid much more at another company :open_mouth:

Your best bet is to shop around locally.

A ‘cheap’ course is going to cost more than an expensive course if you have to drive 100 miles to get to it.

There is massive over-provision in the training sector,nearly 3 times as many training centres as were estimated

(truckingtopics.co.uk/rhaconference.html), so there will be some bargain courses about.

But courses on ‘convenient’ days (Fridays and Saturdays) are going to be more expensive/difficult to find than those on normal weekdays.

From what I hear most training providers will knock a few quid off if you say you can get cheaper.

Some may be able to squeeze you in on a course at a discount if you can be flexible or attend at short notice.

But you need to consider value for money as well as cost. You can waste a day and £40, or spend a little (or a lot) more and learn something useful, maybe get another qualification at the same time (crane, forklift ADR, first aid or whatever).

Watch out for VAT and ‘upload fees’: make sure the cost you are quoted is the total of what you will pay.

check the topic “forklift as cpc” or just search forlift…=job done :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Rob K:
Member ‘tachograph’ here was meant to be doing a list of them all but he still hasn’t got round to it. I don’t know what the hold up is.

I never said I was going to do a list, I said it would be a good idea to have a list of cheap courses if anyone fancied doing it.

No-one volunteered, so no list :laughing:

tachograph:

Rob K:

I never said I was going to do a list, I said it would be a good idea to have a list of cheap courses if anyone fancied doing it.

No-one volunteered, so no list :laughing:

So as it was your idea why don’t you compile it? I don’t understand what you’re so scared of? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

££££££££/Commitment-big river in Egypt…? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Rob K:
So as it was your idea why don’t you compile it? I don’t understand what you’re so scared of? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Scared of, don’t talk like an idiot.

I have neither the commitment nor the time to spend on keeping an updated list of cheap courses, let a lone checking them.

But as you’re so keen feel free to do it :grimacing:

tachograph:

Rob K:

Scared of, don’t talk like an idiot.

I have neither the commitment nor the time to spend on keeping an updated list of cheap courses, let a lone checking them.

Yet you seem to have no shortage of time to be posting on here every hour of the day and night. :confused: Typical driver, all talk and no action. :smiling_imp:

Rob K:

Rob K:
Yet you seem to have no shortage of time to be posting on here every hour of the day and night. :confused: Typical driver, all talk and no action. :smiling_imp:

Mike-C:
You’re just posting any old crap. You’re also reporting anything you don’t like. I feel you are just posting to get a rise from other people . . . if you continue to be a concern or make more work for the team you’ll be on pre mod. Pay attention to what you are posting.

What goes around comes around. LMAO.

humbug:
how about a list of people who will swap some beer tokens to say you’ve attended? :wink:

Nobody is gonna do that list mate, I suggest that you shop around and keep your ears open as some have done, and succeeded …enough said! :wink:

When all this cpc pish started all you heard from those supposedly in the know was get your modules done early cos the prices will go through the roof in the last year.
Well that advice turned out to be crap , there’s that many training companies out there now there falling over themselves to offer a deal.
A few years ago when I first had a look at doing something prices being mentioned were anything from £75 to £150 for the module only. Last week when I was stuck in the office I made a few enquiries and now we’re talking £50 inc food,upload and vat and cos the boss is paying I’m assuming he can claim the vat back making the cost to the company about £41 per skull.

Dieseldoforme:

Rob K:

Rob K:

Mike-C:
You’re just posting any old crap. You’re also reporting anything you don’t like. I feel you are just posting to get a rise from other people . . . if you continue to be a concern or make more work for the team you’ll be on pre mod. Pay attention to what you are posting.

What goes around comes around. LMAO.

Your a fine one to talk about posting crap, whether it be job centre adverts or just blantent ■■■■■■■■ your an expert at both.

I’D like to see some information as to where you can get all 35 hours credit booked on a single week, 5x7 hours Monday-Friday with actual courses of useful content, rather than buggering about with “Tacho Training” or “Alighting your Vehicle” or “How to scratch your arse whilst looking busy” etc etc. :exclamation:

I’m fed up with people telling me “OOoh! That’s only 21 hours credit for that dontya know!” :imp: