The Consequences

Aren’t we all guilty of careless driving at one time or another? Its just that usually nobody suffers as a consequence. This time 3 died as a result.
I’m certainly not defending the guy in this case, the sentence was wrong, big time!!
He should have been more attentive in what he was doing, but I still feel the guy deserves a little sympathy, just because of the pressures we all face today. Not all of us have the ability to tell a TM that we would never speed, we do not know the pressures under which he was having to work.
Speeding adds to statistics relating to road deaths, and even one death is a tragedy.

Just my two cents worth

I see what you are saying k2k but I don’t feel there can be any sympathy for someone who a few weeks after killing 3 people is caught doing 56 in a 40 again, not much sign it affected him or any sign of remorse.

As for being under pressure to speed by TMs sorry but it’s your licence and freedom at stake, not to mention your liofe and the lives of others. in my opinion any one who speeds to that extent because of pressure from their boss is an idiot.

It also appears that for some people the reason for speeding is to get more time on the bunk sleeping when they get to their destination or for resons of greed. That is just stupidity, and to my mind a selfish attitude, and in my opinion they shouldn’t hold a vocational licence of any kind as they are not fit to do so.

I guess I can’t really comment on here, but whilst I was out this evening I’ve been told some things about this incident that make the light sentance seem even worse.

I said it before in a previous speeding debate.

THE POINT ABOUT TRUCKS BEING LIMITED TO 40MPH IS HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU TO STOP.

Its as simple as that. If the guy had been doing 40 maybe he might have stopped, or had more control, or not done enough damage to kill the people in the car.

Pat Hasler:
If anyone causes death by bad driving they should at least be charged with manslaughter and get a fitting punushment :open_mouth:

Nice photo’s taken from the drivers seat.presumably on the move.
Really safe driving. :exclamation:
People who live in glasshouses shouldn’t throw stones :exclamation: