The consequences of running bent

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ … nced-today

It’s just like reading about the good’ole’days :unamused:

I worry about the the odd times I,ve driven over my four and a half hours in case I get a pull, but this is crazy and he must have realised it would come back to bite him on the arse.

weewulliewinkie:
I worry about the the odd times I,ve driven over my four and a half hours in case I get a pull, but this is crazy and he must have realised it would come back to bite him on the arse.

I am not any authority, but do not worry about odd times :wink: as of yet no-one is in prison for that odd-time offence.

Surely that many drivers would have to be on some massive pay perk to be in so deep here…

I can’t believe a running-bent firm could get so many drivers to aid and abet them if all they were offering was a “job in these dark times” and all that other “time’s are 'ard” jazz… :neutral_face:

Mug a granny-community service,deal smack-community service,burgle a house to pay for smack-community service,fiddle your tacho-banged up.Justice? don’t think so :unamused:

as above, punishment hardly fits the crime. Is there any other job where you can be punished for working too hard?
Some doctors will work more than 24 hours in a row, directly with peoples lives in their hands. Is that ‘safe’ then?

Turbo:
as above, punishment hardly fits the crime. Is there any other job where you can be punished for working too hard?
Some doctors will work more than 24 hours in a row, directly with peoples lives in their hands. Is that ‘safe’ then?

Well you could deal in narcotics?
Get yourself involved in prostitution!
Maybe start a protection racket.

I remember as a youth hearing about the “young doctors”
It is still rife in the social circles I frequent with.

GOG47:
Mug a granny-community service,deal smack-community service,burgle a house to pay for smack-community service,fiddle your tacho-banged up.Justice? don’t think so :unamused:

Welcome to broken Britain. The scum are rewarded. The workers are punished.

I wouldn’t do it but the fact is times are hard & for some of these blokes particularly with family then it may have been a case of do it or be skint.

I’m not defending it just sayin’

I strongly believe most of the pain should go on the gaffers for making them or letting them do it.

Jail for working to hard,

Become a lord, convictions no problem,
just show up for an hour a day and get
£300.

Magic our Morris.

That most of been a huge amount of running bent

It’s the false record they don’t like, trying to pull the wool over their eyes that get’s you chokey.

If I go over, I go over & hope for the best, if I do get caught out, I’ll take the whip with good grace. I think most of them ain’t that bothered if you go over a bit here & there, it’s competition bent running they’re looking for although every £100 here & there helps!

Meanwhile the scum go free. …
m.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland/north_ … d_shetland
■■■■■■■■ like this should be publicly beaten.

Wow, that is completely wacko.I noted that Laura Ross didn’t get a mention consequence-wise :confused:

It doesn’t give all the individual offences but the two that tried to plead not guilty; The two drivers found guilty following a trial lasting nearly two weeks in November were Shaun Elliot aged 42 years of Hexham, who had 4 offences and was sentenced to 6 months imprisonment and disqualified from driving for 9 months and John Mark Watson aged 45 years of Wigton, who had 9 offences and was sentenced to 8 months imprisonment and disqualified from driving for 9 months.

That seems harsh given it seems to have been top down corruption - the TMs only got 2yrs each which given how many lives they put at risk seems rather light. I can’t believe how long they got away without an O licence for the second site - surely VOSA or similar should have been onto that much sooner or am I being naive?

Hopefully they won’t do very long inside.
Those that got 2 years will be out in 6 months on home detention curfew (tag).
Those that got 6 months will be out in 6 weeks. Maybe a bit longer because it takes at least 6 weeks to do the paperwork.

Is the firm still running? Laura will need some drivers.

happysack:
[zb] like this should be publicly beaten.

Does make you sick, I’m sure the drivers at that firm are all or mostly decent blokes just trying to get by in life. Where as Mr. Baby beater gets off with a slapped wrist.

The problem is, once you get in the dock for driving bent, they need to make an example of you as a deterrent to others to try and avoid the odd instance of a bloke ploughing in to the back of stationary traffic while on the limiter as he’s tired.

Most VOSA convictions are intelligence led so it usually needs someone to blow the whistle, a disgruntled employee normally.

Silver_Surfer:

happysack:
[zb] like this should be publicly beaten.

Does make you sick, I’m sure the drivers at that firm are all or mostly decent blokes just trying to get by in life. Where as Mr. Baby beater gets off with a slapped wrist.

The problem is, once you get in the dock for driving bent, they need to make an example of you as a deterrent to others to try and avoid the odd instance of a bloke ploughing in to the back of stationary traffic while on the limiter as he’s tired.

Most VOSA convictions are intelligence led so it usually needs someone to blow the whistle, a disgruntled employee normally.

I know one of the drivers personally (we grew up in same village,worked at the same firms occasionally) and he’s a decent hard working guy,never gets into trouble,I,ve also met the boss man and he’s the same.Yes we know the laws are there for a reason but these sentences seem particularly harsh,also taking the licences off them seems senseless,now they have no way of earning a living to pay off the big fines :unamused: ,they’ll have to claim dole,crazy!,meanwhile the guy who almost destroyed the British banking system and has saddled our country with colossal debt only loses his knighthood :unamused: Justice!-no such thing in this country

when a worra lad, 12 onnuss used t`same baffwatter, n wi were beaten to sleep wi a strop. probably.

Prison seems harsh for the drivers as the loss of there licence will hit them hard enough. Its the making false records thats the problem if you showed them a card with the offences you would get off lighter.
Hope the got well paid for it.