The Chinese are invading Scotland

The Chinese EV invasion into Blighty has started :open_mouth: Arnold Clark are to be the exclusive partner/retailer of the giant Chinese EV car manufacturer BYD (build your dreams) north of the border in Scotland with a brand new premier site dealership in Glasgow. They’re already in a number of EU countries with their premier ‘Tang’ & ‘Han’ models. zephyrnet.com/arnold-clark-t…-byd-ev-brand/

lancpudn:
The Chinese EV invasion into Blighty has started :open_mouth: Arnold Clark are to be the exclusive partner/retailer of the giant Chinese EV car manufacturer BYD (build your dreams) north of the border in Scotland with a brand new premier site dealership in Glasgow. They’re already in a number of EU countries with their premier ‘Tang’ & ‘Han’ models. zephyrnet.com/arnold-clark-t…-byd-ev-brand/

Link goes to “Zephyrnet” but I can`t see Arnold Clark article?

Anyway isn`t “Chinese Invasion” the old name for a “marvellous new free trade deal inviting foreign investment into Britain”?

Franglais:

lancpudn:

Anyway isn`t “Chinese Invasion” the old name for a “marvellous new free trade deal inviting foreign investment into Britain”?

Bloody hell. 2nd post in…

Franglais:

lancpudn:

Bugger. am-online.com/news/dealer-n … d-ev-brand

Yep, that works better.

It’ll give wee Krankie and her green sidekick the chance to trumpet about how we’re leading the charge to net-zero or some other clap trap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:

lancpudn:

Maybe so. But in the beginning was the thread title:
“The Chinese are invading Scotland”

Not just BYD making inroads into blighty! The ORA brand is already in the UK with their Cat range of models, It look like a Porsche 911 from the front that’s because the guy who was on the 911 design team in Germany for decades is employed by the giant Chinese car manufacturer ‘Great Wall Motors’ ORA’s parent company. gwmora.co.uk/
NIO & X-Peng are also coming to the UK in 2023 with premium models that are trouncing the big German brands in quality & software over in their biggest market China. nio.com/

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:

lancpudn:

Maybe so. But in the beginning was the thread title:
“The Chinese are invading Scotland”

The great arguer/defender of trucknets superior far leftists is always here first!

On guard 24/7 :unamused:

Oh dear! VW has just refreshed their id3 EV model with an updated look inside & out to address all the problems it had, Mainly ■■■■■ buggy software.
They’ve had to put the price up over €10k for the refreshed model :open_mouth: They don’t stand a cat in hells chance of competing with the Chinese BEV’s.

Time will tell, let’s see if all this new EV stuff with Chinese manufactured in particular, is still about in 10 years which is about the average age of all the vehicles in my workplace car park, I doubt it very much.

lancpudn:
Oh dear! VW has just refreshed their id3 EV model with an updated look inside & out to address all the problems it had, Mainly [zb] buggy software.
They’ve had to put the price up over €10k for the refreshed model :open_mouth: They don’t stand a cat in hells chance of competing with the Chinese BEV’s.

The right makers badges, even if associated with underserved reputations have for a long time come with a kudos for those for whom such things matter, usually German marques.
Will be interesting to see if thats still the case when what’s happening now re the ruined economy hits the aspirational classes.