The cheek of it

One of the guys at work yesterday got bogged down in some snow so he tried to get himself out of it spent nearly 3 hours doing it so he phoned the yard and told them what had happened they said they would phone back. Yard phones back and says you will have to sort it yourself it will cost to much to get a wrecker out :open_mouth:
So driver plods of down to local farm chats with farmer and gets it sorted bungs the farmer £30 for his trouble he then phones yard and speaks to nice lady in the wages office and she says she will give him the £30 back.
Anyway today driver phones yard to see about the £30 and lady in wages office says sorry drive TM says you can’t have the money back as you should’nt of gone down there if you didnt think you could get out.

Is that a [zb] joke or what

simon

i would get my 30 quid back in some way, (probably deviously) and in future don’t deliver anywhere that looks like I’d get stuck and let the company sort it out. Meanwhile I’d find another job.

I would give my notice straight away, and probably give the the TM a slap on the way out.

Next time it snows and they ask you to do a trip I would say< I don’t thimk i’ll be able to deliver the load. I wouldn’t want to get stuck would I. :laughing:

How much are tyres these days?.

would have said fornicate yourself spent the £30 on a ticket home etc and left vehicle there and gone home and left them to deal with it whats more expensive to them recovering the vehicle or know that it is in middle of nowhere

I checked the local radio this morning, main roads reasonably clear, but minor roads treacherous, and blocked in places. Now as I knew that I would be delivering to a load of farms I rung the boss and told him I wouldn’t be driving today as I didn’t feel it was safe. He grumbled and moaned, and said he would have to get an agency driver in to do my run and he wasn’t very impressed with me. I explained why I wouldn’t go out, said I would call him later in the day to see where I was going to tomorrow.Called in this afternoon, asked where I was going…and lo and behold my truck was still in the yard, no agency driver was called, and I’ve got exactly the same run that I would have had today. Moral here seems to be don’t let them make you feel guilty, and its better to lose a days wages than lose the truck and possibly worse(Even the TM agreed with that one)

The thing thats most annoying is the driver is a decent fella and the company are just taking advantage of this i gave him my thoughts on how to handle this problem but he was’nt to keen

simon

I know what I would do & it would cost them more than the £30 plus interest etc etc, that they could reasonably be exspected to owe me.

alan u know anywere in norwich i could get a job class 2 i am m8 i live in great yarmouth btw so any closer to home would be nice :smiley:

I’ve never heard a stronger case for the phone call that goes “the keys are in the post, you figure out where the truck is, by the way I quit”

PMAC:
alan u know anywere in norwich i could get a job class 2 i am m8 i live in great yarmouth btw so any closer to home would be nice :smiley:

see http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1600 was in newbie section

I used to work for a bloke who ran old motors. if we had a problem and found somebody to help and tipped them a resonable tip he would pay when we got back. He attitude was £20 quid cash was cheaper than a call out. His attitude saved him no end of money, time and hassle.

On a similar point a few years ago some Londoner decided to take his Discovery onto Walcott beach and got stuck with the tide coming in. A local Fisherman said he would pull him out with his tractor, but it would cost him a £50 quid donation to the RNLI. He refused this offer and his car was left to be covered by the tide, wilst drawing a big crowd (Well given a a choice of watching Jim Davidson in Yarmouth or the City boys Car being swamped by the North sea, what would you do?) Bet he wished he had paid the money?