The Chamber???

It’s seems that more and more often we have an innocent enough subject on here suddenly take a political twist. That’s fare enough in a few cases but it’s getting very common and before you know it a few well known posters on here virtually hijack things with huge multiple paragraph posts that represent nothing more than roughly 90% soapbox with 10% argumentative response.
It gets hard work to go through the whole lot and to be honest I, and I’m sure many others give up on some interesting subjects that can be discussed without a “war and peace” style statement?
So I was wondering if our venerable mods might introduce some kind of area where these posters can argue to their hearts content over as many pages as they like for as long as they like, I was thinking it could be called “The Chamber” after our own parliamentary debating area.
Somewhere for the ahem “heavy weight” political/ finacial experts to vent their collective spleens…

Norfolkinclue1:
It’s seems that more and more often we have an innocent enough subject on here suddenly take a political twist. That’s fare enough in a few cases but it’s getting very common and before you know it a few well known posters on here virtually hijack things with huge multiple paragraph posts that represent nothing more than roughly 90% soapbox with 10% argumentative response.
It gets hard work to go through the whole lot and to be honest I, and I’m sure many others give up on some interesting subjects that can be discussed without a “war and peace” style statement?
So I was wondering if our venerable mods might introduce some kind of area where these posters can argue to their hearts content over as many pages as they like for as long as they like, I was thinking it could be called “The Chamber” after our own parliamentary debating area.
Somewhere for the ahem “heavy weight” political/ finacial experts to vent their collective spleens…

I take your very fair point entirely.

We try to keep such (ruined) topics in Bully’s Bar where those with lots of time on their hands can be as verbose as they like.

:bulb: I can’t think of anybody who you might have in mind though… walks away whistling :wink: