The Cenotaph

It made me proud to watch the service from the Cenotaph this morning, no on, but no one, can do the pomp and ceremony of the British & The Commonwealth with the ex and serving soldiers and airmen.

We do remember them!!!

and on the day that Mrs Suu Kyi was released in Burma reminds me of the jungle atrocities in WW2

Wheel Nut:
It made me proud to watch the service from the Cenotaph this morning, no on, but no one, can do the pomp and ceremony of the British & The Commonwealth with the ex and serving soldiers and airmen.

■■■■ right there MR W N. I always make an effort to try and be around or near a TV to watch this very moving ceremony, nothing else any where else can match this. Even our cousins in the USA who love a good parade cant equal the solemnity, the pride and stiff upper lip, that our armed Forces demonstrate.

Both my grandfathers fought in WW1. One fought at the North West Frontier, the Khyber Pass and then in Mesopotamia. my other grandfather fought on the Western Front, Passchendaele, Ypres and maybe at the some. My mums uncle, her mums brother was killed fighting on the first day of the battle of the Somme. We still have a hand written report from his Sergeant saying he was last seen in the German trenches involved in heavy hand to hand fighting.

They all make me feel very proud to be related to them. One day when my son is older I will take him to northern France and Belgium to try and educate him into some of his family history.

There are a few things left that the BBC manages to cover properly, this occasion being the main one!!