The Cat's Back.

The last time I drove down the Cat’s Back, the sign wasn’t there any more.

Was it removed for temporarary restoration or has it simply gone forever?

Be nice if they lost the speed limit down it too!!

jacko22:
Be nice if they lost the speed limit down it too!!

Yes, it is a bit ridiculously slow…perhaps the Germans don’t realise that trucks have proper brakes these days…or at least, non-German built ones do. :wink:

I always loved the sign though, like a proper cartoon cat :smiley:

The speed limit has risen from the long enforced 40KM
TO 60km now , as for the sign no idea perhaps some
has nicked it ,

it was 40kph 2weeks ago :smiling_imp:

Malcolmj, can only say that on the site i use over here
it has been posted and shown that the speed was increased
to 60kmh , the signs as you know are adjustable so they can /do
change it have seen 20kmh their as well, the speed limit was still
60kmh in the direction of Frankfurt, however asone knows
the speed limit can and is changed , due to circumstances

Wheel Nut:

Yes, it’s a shame that it has gone, it was an international landmark. I might write to the local Feuhrer, suggesting he has it put back.

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

Yes, it’s a shame that it has gone, it was an international landmark. I might write to the local Feuhrer, suggesting he has it put back.

A good idea Harry, it was an International landmark :slight_smile:

brit pete:
The speed limit has risen from the long enforced 40KM
TO 60km now , as for the sign no idea perhaps some
has nicked it ,

I think they put some advertising on that board now. I’m sure its the same board :confused:

malcolmj:
it was 40kph 2weeks ago :smiling_imp:

I came up it this week and looked.
The limit has been put up to 60 :open_mouth: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Harry Monk:
Yes, it’s a shame that it has gone, it was an international landmark.

agreed, i think we may have done this already, but who has any others? one of mine is the now demolished Belga cigarette factory at Merksem on the Antwerp ring, sad to see it gone

Think the animal rights looneys took it.Said it was encouraging too many people to drive over black cats.

Harry Monk:
The Cat’s Back

Glad to hear it, Harry.
How long was the little fella gone?

how fast do you reckon you could get down it full freighted?? i remeber goin down it fully loaded and the truck just wanted to go… only had weighted 19tons… reckon you could get some speed up…

Fully freighted and with the gear lever in “Scottish Overdrive”, I reckon you could get up to about 140mph but I wouldn’t fancy it myself!

has anyone seen those posters of a boy, a woman or a young woman holding their fingers apart and saying something about being little or small?
haven’t seen one in ages but the 2 women were fit hope they weren’t refering to somebody they know being small in a certain department :open_mouth:

welshboyinspain:
has anyone seen those posters of a boy, a woman or a young woman holding their fingers apart and saying something about being little or small?
haven’t seen one in ages but the 2 women were fit hope they weren’t refering to somebody they know being small in a certain department :open_mouth:

They were referring to racers being small in a certain department.