The Budget.

I’ve been mulling over Alasdair Brown’s :wink: budget and I can’t quite work out what it means for us except it doesn’t seem good.

Any thoughts?

Well Arry this is how I see it , fuel has gone up 1p well not too bad for the Haulier could of been alot worse, booze and ■■■■ up, GOOD I don’t drink or smoke, small buisness gets money from big buisness to help it improve…apart from that …It was a ‘Vote for me’ budget

Is it ever good?

Yeah, but, 1p now, 1p October then another 1p the begining of next year.
That’s still 3p onto a litre of fuel in my book. It’ll NEVER be a lower/ed tax on fuel, we’re the easiest target in the UK.

We’re still being screwed, just over a longer period this time. I feel as if i won’t even be able to afford to travel to work in the near future. It’s an excuse also for public transport to put their fares up, even though they get HALF their fuel bill back if they ‘cover the milage’.

Get an electric car■■? Then cost of elec’ will be going up soon after we all buy one! Remember LPG■■? Cheap-as when first out, now it’s closing gap on petrol.

We’re an island. Businesses closing and moving abroad, (cost cutting/saving) But is that saving passed on to us?? NO!
Everything must be imported, more fuel, more

‘Vote for me’ Budget?? Looks like it, But guess what…I AIN’T THIS TIME!!!

Sorry, rant over :imp:

I really don’t know where a vote should go…

Will the next government be any better?

Same ■■■■, different colour!!!

Simple.
When am I too old to emigrate■■?

It’s the only way I see now.

(Britishtruckersabroad.com) Get the hint■■? They did!!! I want to…

Just wish OH would. She’s even a nurse! But too close to her family. :frowning: , i’m not!

I haven’t heard a single thing about the budget, I didn’t watch or listen to it and have seen any of teh news programs tonight. Whatever ha said or did won’t make a difference to me in the long run. If he put the cost of things up that I buy, buy because I need it in the case of petrol and food or buy because I simply want it, I will still buy those things. If he brought the cost of anything down, either directly or through some kind of tax cut, I am not really going to notice if I have an extra 10, 20 or whatever pence at the end of the week. If it was a budget designed to get my vote it won’t make a difference because I will do the same in the coming election as I have done in every single election since the General election in 1979, I won’t be voting. This budget, like many before simply passes me by.

Deepinvet:
booze and ■■■■ up, GOOD I don’t drink or smoke,

You dont contribute as much to the countrys economy as those of us who do smoke and drink, we should get preferential NHS treatment as we contribute more !!

Goldfinger:
When am I too old to emigrate?..’

My understanding is age 45 to Oz & as long as you’re able to work in NZ - if wag n dragging up hick lanes is your bag.

Otherwise I’d, etc, etc (but nurse bird here is joined at the hip to her crowd too …boo)

Harry Monk:
‘…Any thoughts?..’

Utter despair that no-one questions why we send £46,000,000 every day of every year to fund the EU instead of getting our stuff in a sock here at home (unless that’s a racist slur on the homeless yet to arrive at Dover).

The last stamp duty reductions ended on 31 Dec 09. New arrangements have been brought in; no stamp duty on houses under £250k. We actually move into our new house today and don’t get the new stamp duty benefits (£2k’s worth) by a few days!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I’m too gutted about that 2 grand to think about any other part of the budget!!! :unamused: :unamused:

(Well, except that as a non-smoker and very occasional drinker, it’s fine by me to hammer those items!! :laughing: )

As with every other budget the devil will be in the detail. The budget was 220+ pages long before the notices began…how long is it going to be before it filters down to what it actually means. Most of it was tinkering with tax somewhere.

Coffeeholic:
If it was a budget designed to get my vote it won’t make a difference because I will do the same in the coming election as I have done in every single election since the General election in 1979, I won’t be voting. This budget, like many before simply passes me by.

I have always been the same, but this year I am going to vote. I will vote for one of the more obscure party’s as a protest, and the more people who do the same the better. I am not necessarily talking about BNP but more of an independent candidate. Its the only way to send these a holes a message apart from taking up arms and stringing the bar stewards up.

Mike-C:

Deepinvet:
booze and ■■■■ up, GOOD I don’t drink or smoke,

You dont contribute as much to the countrys economy as those of us who do smoke and drink, we should get preferential NHS treatment as we contribute more !!

I think not!
Whenever I have visited our local hospital,and I don’t suppose it’s any different to any other,you can always see outside the ward doors,several patients in their slippers and dressing gowns,looking like death warmed up,having a drag!
When there are signs everywgere stating,“NO smoking in hospital buildings or grounds”!
These people are not only wasting their own taxes,but mine as well,and in most cases,being treated for smoking related illnesses.
I think they ought to be refused treatment for knowingly wasting taxpayers money.End of!

Wayne:

Coffeeholic:
If it was a budget designed to get my vote it won’t make a difference because I will do the same in the coming election as I have done in every single election since the General election in 1979, I won’t be voting. This budget, like many before simply passes me by.

I have always been the same, but this year I am going to vote. I will vote for one of the more obscure party’s as a protest, and the more people who do the same the better. I am not necessarily talking about BNP but more of an independent candidate. Its the only way to send these a holes a message apart from taking up arms and stringing the bar stewards up.

I like that, that’s not a bad idea, but I’m not on the electoral register so won’t get the old polling card and be able to vote anyway. Let me know what two-bit nut job you are going to vote for and I’ll be with you in spirit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have to admit,they’re all a load of tossers.
BUT,the only way to get a change is to vote.
By choosing not to vote you are only getting the same tossers we had before.
But the main reason,is the cost of your right to vote,how many wars have been fought and how many lives has it cost to give us the freedom to vote?
Don’t betray the memories of the men who put their lives on the line for the freedom we ALL have today.

how do you no if an mp is lying their lips move :wink: :wink: :wink: