The biggest row you had with boss

i had one about ■■■ years ago and told him 2 ■■■■ off. so there must be lots of stories 2 be told.

jimmy m:
i had one about ■■■ years ago and told him 2 ■■■■ off. so there must be lots of stories 2 be told.

Only time I had a row with the boss was when he was late getting in and didn’t have my tea ready :open_mouth:
He’s there 10mins before me at 4.40am makes the tea, then goes out starts the wagon up,couples it up while I’m drinking it,
Its took me years to train him to this level :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never had a row as such, had a few disagreements & a few bollockings, I did threaten to give one a right hander once but that was due to him being a ■■■■■■.

I was tipping a trailer in Portsmouth & when I got into the yard the load had all shifted, we ended up transhipping it, so I was late to the delivery, I got there & explained the situation to the goods in bloke, he was fine, in the meantime somebody from there had phoned my boss complaining we were late, as I waited to pull in to tip the cab phone rang, I answerewd it & it was the boss, he was screaming & shouting so I put the phone down, this went on a few more times, I tried to explain what had happened, but he wasn’t listening, I told him not to shout & scream at me & he told me that if I didn’t like it I could see him out in the yard when I got back, well I didn’t like it so I fired the old girl up, pulled out of the delivery & went back to the yard, the phone started ringing about 5mins laterso I disconnected it using brute force, I pulled into the yard like a lunatic & marched into the office intent on causing some bodily harm, but mouthy bollox had done a runner as soon as he see me pull in so I just cleared my cab & went home, he rung me all apologetic later that day but I told him to Foxtrot Oscar.

About a year later the firm I went to after that got a new TM, yes you guessed, it was my old mate, funnily enough he stayed out of my way for a while, I never heard a peep out of him & I got really good work too, sometimes the threat of violence is a good thing :wink:

A firm I was driving for in the late 60’s when the plating law came in,sent me to a quarry with a lorry that had just been downrated.The weighbridge operator said you have to put 10 ton of tarmac on. I said this vehicle is no longer legal to carrry that,he says your TM said its ok. I says get him on the phone,he rings him,speaks to him then puts the phone down telling me,TM says its ok. I said get him back on the ■■■■■■ phone I will speak to him. TM says to me its ok,take the load. I say are you asking me to break the law.End of argument,he sends for another lorry I go and load something else.

Good on yer Dave! :laughing:

I always say can I have that in writing, is suffice to put the point across.

Used to have arguments every Friday over the phone when I wanted to come back and he just wanted one more job out of ya, always had calmed down when i got back tho :smiley: , One time I remember another driver rowing with him and he frisbeed his number plate at the boss. He only just ducked in time :open_mouth: would have taken his head off im sure :exclamation: Didnt get sacked though, in fact im sure back then it was impossible to get the sack from there