The best tv aerial

Good evening fellow truckers i was wondering if anybody could suggest the best tv aerial to get ,the yard where i park is in a bit of a valley and the only fellow driver who can get a signal is using a satelitte dish,which for storage reasons i am not keen on so i was hoping some of you wonderful people could set me straight on what to buy or not…many thanks in advance :smiley:

gonna need a 12/24v booster as well :wink:

I have 1 of those uni ariel things (look like a bunch of bent coat hangers) with a booster, but still can’t get a picture everywhere.

waynedl:
I have 1 of those uni ariel things (look like a bunch of bent coat hangers) with a booster, but still can’t get a picture everywhere.

Like a big ball you mean? I have one of those too,far better than a one for all you throw in the window.
It may help too if you stick it on an telescopic pole to get some height on it when your parked.

ShropsBri:

waynedl:

Like a big ball you mean? I have one of those too,far better than a one for all you throw in the window.
It may help too if you stick it on an telescopic pole to get some height on it when your parked.

Is that an extendible person from Warsaw or Gdansk?

Coffeeholic:

ShropsBri:

waynedl:

Is that an extendible person from Warsaw or Gdansk?

Tis my mate Piotr from Gdansk,he’s a tall chap,not as tall as ‘Nick very tall’ I grant you but still very handy for doing the tall things that only tall people can do.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64096

Could just get a satelite dish, info in above topic.

don’t bother with all these truckstop rip off gimmicks. just go to argos, and get a big household tv aerial.
i’ve had loads of different “truck aerials” and you can’t beat a normal telly aerial.

limeyphil:
don’t bother with all these truckstop rip off gimmicks. just go to argos, and get a big household tv aerial.
i’ve had loads of different “truck aerials” and you can’t beat a normal telly aerial.

+1

My old yard was in a valley…It didn’t matter what aerial I tried. If the signal won’t reach…It won’t reach.

bigvern1:
My old yard was in a valley…It didn’t matter what aerial I tried. If the signal won’t reach…It won’t reach.

you need a bigger pole.

well, that’s what your missus told me. :laughing:

:laughing:

If you have a small organ…It don’t help when you have to play in a Cathedral. :open_mouth:

moonraker dvt1000, built in 12/24v booster, £40 maplins,. cdc

i gave up with telly in the end. i could never get a decent aerial, by the time i had wasted my time trying to tune it in i had totally lost interest. :confused: