The best lorry service ever :D

My lorry was in service. Reported “night heater” to be fixed.

Problem with this was that it starts, but only once - my guess something wrong with thermostate.

I had it back, it wasn’t fixed.
According to other driver, who was driving my lorry to the garage, they told that “it was good, but you covered control diode and you couldn’t see, that it’s on”.

Are they really think that I am so stupid?

I indeed covered that diode, becouse it wasn’t too bright. But you must be deaf to be not able to recognize if this DAF heather works or not :slight_smile:

I will be mercyfull and won’t mention this garage (but yes, it’s still the same, when they claim, that if lorry pulls left, but they looked into the wheelarch and haven’t seen nothing, it’s OK :slight_smile:

Check that the vent cover is clean. It’s a great place for dust to gather and doesn’t take much to make the heater overheat. It’s a safety thing that makes it shut down - if it gets too hot it’ll catch fire - something you really don’t need!

I was in Scotland about 5 winters ago, minus 8 outside, and a night heater that was playing up. After a frozen night i mentioned it to another driver in the morning. He said to clean the vent, so i did and lo and behold it was right as rain. I was glad but also really annoyed that i’d had an almost sleepless night over something so stupidly simple to fix.

Yeah, I know.

But it goes really HOT after you turn it on, then never turns on again…

orys:
Yeah, I know.

Which leads one to think it IS an airflow problem and it’s a safety shutdown.

Some of them are odd, you turn it way up to get the cab warm, then turn it down real low to keep it warm. My old Iveco was like that, if you turned it up and left it up, you’d go to bed in a sauna, and wake up in a fridge, but if you turned it up first off, then turned it down after a bit, you’d wake up nice and cosy. My 2006 year 105 is fine, there is a real thermostat by the control, and it stays on a comfy setting and just works.
I also covered up the LED on it, because it’s in the bunk, and glows like a spotlight… a bit of velcro over the LED and I can see a dim glow when it’s on at night.

bestbooties:

orys:
Yeah, I know.

But if I turn it off and then on again it’s starts without problems. In users manual is written, that it may happen from time to time, but it happens all the time. And it was working pretty well before.

My problem is that if I reported problem clearly to the service, and told them all symptoms, they should fix it. It’s their job, and not mine, nor trucknet’s forum members.

But they just told that I am stupid, as I covered the control diode and didn’t see it when it was on…

Orys is the dealer near the hospital

You think thats bad - try the buses!!!
You can put on the defect card about a water leak, and a week later you get the same bus and guess what, its still leaking water :unamused:
This isnt a cowboy operator either - this is Stagecoach… :unamused:

All bus mechanics have the same tools for beakdowns…a watering can and a cloth

willie_mac:
Orys is the dealer near the hospital

No, but if you mean Southern General my friend used to work there as a lorry mechanic, so I know what’s going there

orys:

bestbooties:

orys:
Yeah, I know.

But if I turn it off and then on again it’s starts without problems. In users manual is written, that it may happen from time to time, but it happens all the time. And it was working pretty well before.

My problem is that if I reported problem clearly to the service, and told them all symptoms, they should fix it. It’s their job, and not mine, nor trucknet’s forum members.

But they just told that I am stupid, as I covered the control diode and didn’t see it when it was on…

Exactly the same happened on my old XF95.Just cleaned the dust off the air intake grille and it worked perfectly :smiley: