The best hgv driver in the uk

Aint no question its

SMEE

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There used to be a ā€˜Lorry driver of the year competitionā€™ but it tended to focus too much on exacting manoeuvres which were not part of a truckers usual daily stuff.

The road drive was good though and I used to judge them.

Glen, expence should be EXPENSE. That is just the first. I am watching. For them that donā€™t know Little Enis cannot drive and he has the mental age of an eight year old, mind you when you think of it he is the same size as an eight year old so there is the answer. Regards JR

As my name is H G Kyngā€¦

It must beā€¦ someone else :open_mouth: :frowning:

There was an IRU prize given out several years ago to a TDW driver for driving the most kilometres in Europe without an accident.

I dont know who they judged him against though.

little enis:

joemaxi:
Lets have a drinking contest at the doo! :smiley:

Or we could see who can murder the most prostitutes in 30 minutes? :smiling_imp:

Like the cut of your jib Joe, lets get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  then see who can reverse Mr Vains truck the best :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

how about we draw lots to see who he will catch ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  on his wheel. :laughing:

btw im the worst driver not the best so you lot can slug it out together. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome julian47 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much moreā€¦

julian47:
Glen, expence should be EXPENSE. That is just the first. I am watching. For them that donā€™t know Little Enis cannot drive and he has the mental age of an eight year old, mind you when you think of it he is the same size as an eight year old so there is the answer. Regards JR

That makes him 5 years mentally older than me :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

YOU CALLED?

little enis:

joemaxi:
Lets have a drinking contest at the doo! :smiley:

Or we could see who can murder the most prostitutes in 30 minutes? :smiling_imp:

Like the cut of your jib Joe, lets get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  then see who can reverse Mr Vains truck the best :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yr reply is on Facebook. ( i can swear on there!)

julian47:

YOU WALLY! Youā€™ve spelt Glen wrong! Heā€™ll have you for that!

Congrats on yr first post, youā€™ve been lurkin for far too long!

Can you count dents per panel when scoring ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

little enis:
Who is the best driver in the the UK and if there were a competition(apart from the one run by the Transport Training Bods) What would you be looking for, Who would you get to judge it, who would qualify and would the winner be able to say that he is truly the best HGV driver in the UK?? So many questions.

What i would do is get an employer in every region as Judges.

And then each region woud have a contest to find the best in the area then the winners of all the regions would go to a final
And the juges would look at

1 Accident history

2 Infringements

3 Fuel economy

4 Road test by top DSA examiner with possible 100 marks

And the prize would be a truck for a year with this on it

THE BEST TRUCK DRIVER OF THE YEAR

Del

delboytwo:
Road test by top DSA examiner with possible 100 marks

I suggest examination of the road test by someone other than those that just test for procedural basics.
Someone who can judge ā€˜real lifeā€™ driving.

I always thought taxi drivers were the best in the world.

The ones in Newcastle reckon they never put a foot (or wheel) wrong and are always happy to put us amateur LGV drivers rightā€¦

little enis:
ā€˜ā€¦how do we prove it ā– ā– ..ā€™

Tummy size?
The delicate art of hurtling up to a gatehouse to achieve the narrowest space between mirror & immovable structure, maybe?
To be decided with the individualā€™s originality of bog grafitti as a tie-breaker, obviouslyā€¦

joemaxi:
Ok-here`s an idea-

How about,at the do, we lay a course out on the floor for a remote controlled truck!

You could have reversing challenges etc etc.

Charge Ā£1 a go,winner gets a mug or something and all money raised goes to charity!!

I reckon after a few beers that a few of the ā€œold handsā€ could be reduced to tears!!

Just an ideaā€¦ :smiley:

You could also do a COCKY TRAILER SWING TEST

Who can get their trailer swing closest to Mr Vains wing mirrors with out acutally taking them out or denting the paint work :exclamation: :exclamation:

And if they fail they then get the chance to break the world record for the 100m sprintā€¦ :wink: :laughing: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

julian47:

You miserble old ā– ā– ā– ā– , still for your first post you did not do too bad, you only made one spelling mistake, The Name is spelt GLENN

pecjam23:

joemaxi:
Ok-here`s an idea-

How about,at the do, we lay a course out on the floor for a remote controlled truck!

You could have reversing challenges etc etc.

Charge Ā£1 a go,winner gets a mug or something and all money raised goes to charity!!

I reckon after a few beers that a few of the ā€œold handsā€ could be reduced to tears!!

Just an ideaā€¦ :smiley:

You could also do a COCKY TRAILER SWING TEST

Who can get their trailer swing closest to Mr Vains wing mirrors with out acutally taking them out or denting the paint work :exclamation: :exclamation:

And if they fail they then get the chance to break the world record for the 100m sprintā€¦ :wink: :laughing: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Surely he can`t be that badā€¦ :question: :question: :question: :question:

me :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

jessicas dad:
btw im the worst driver not the best so you lot can slug it out together. :laughing:

there is no way you are worse than one we have at work!! every time the truck comes back, it costs about a grand to sort it out, eats tyres, clutches air lines etc, hits stuff all the time (and no, its not kindle :laughing: )