The best and worst agencies in the South West?

'Allo!

New member, so excuse me if this question has been posted before. I work out of the Bristol and Avonmouth area and wondered what experiences other drivers have had with agencies down this way, as the one I have been working for is bloody useless!

Three times in recent weeks, I have driven nearly and hour to a base depot, only to then be told “sorry that job was cancelled yesterday” and the agency had ‘forgotten’ to tell me. Each time I have argued and got, a 4 hour payment for the mistake but that is small recompence for the full day or night’s work lost and my petrol getting to and from the job. It is also then too late to get any other work.

So, who are the best and worst agencies in the south west, especially Bristol and Avonmouth?

Agent C!
(As in ‘Agency’ driver)

I’d want 8 hours pay under those circumstances. Welcome to the world of agency work!

ADR network, they have plenty of stuff up that way.

There’s reportedly a huge driver shortage in that area because of Hinckley Point…so I’d have thought you could get whatever job you want on the terms you demand.

Hicks Logistics in Caldicote are reportedly after a ‘Relief HGV 1 Driver’ for £47,000 pa!!!

Admittedly 9 yrs ago but Oakwood Staff Solutions were ■■■■ good when I spent a year with them, at the time I was doing completely different work part time from the driving and whenever I wanted a couple of weeks driving work I’d get it and they were very understanding, they were based in Keynsham.

GasGas:
Hicks Logistics in Caldicote are reportedly after a ‘Relief HGV 1 Driver’ for £47,000 pa!!!

This is for a UK only Low Loader driver.

To the OP if you want a full time job I know for a fact Culina are looking they’re based in Avonmouth.