The Bah Humbug Club!

rigsby:

windrush:
Our neighbours hairdresser breezed in this morning to do her ‘feathers’ and regaled us with how she managed to get a Christmas tree on Saturday (artificial as she has just had a new carpet costing well over a grand, spent another grand having a decorater refurbish the lounge using ten rolls of wallpaper at £70 a roll which she supplied) and it only cost her £260! :open_mouth: “It was a bargain, wont need to buy one next years so it has actually saved us money” she exclaimed, yeah right. :unamused: She is off to London (Oxford Street) next weekend to get the pressies. Mind you, she does live fairly close to Buxton where money appears to be plentiful, unlike in the more southern parts of our fine county. :laughing:

Pete.

MONEY PLENTIFUL ? We poor pensioners up here spend it all trying to keep warm in winter unlike you lot in the sub tropical climes down in the valley . If we have a cold snap we will probably have to set fire to the furniture in an effort to keep warm . Can’t afford to keep running the central heating what with the price of gas . Right , I’ll go and get a few scraps for tea then wrap up in my duvet in bed .

Get yerself a council house, Riggers, them you can take the interior doors off and use them for fuel. At least, that’s what seems to happen around here!

shutterstock.com/image-vect … NMRzoA-1-2

Already in a council bungalow Casey and it’s draughty without the doors , we’ll have to start on the skirting boards if it gets any colder .

rigsby:
Already in a council bungalow Casey and it’s draughty without the doors , we’ll have to start on the skirting boards if it gets any colder .

Was it once a house but you have already burned the stairs? :laughing:

Pete.

Here we are again - those of us that are left - still dodging Xmas. Keep your heads down men and women and stay safe.
All I want is a clean Colostomy bag daily. Sod it just another day. SCROOGE!! EAT YOUR EFFIN’ LIVER.
Now I am happy. Jim.
P.S. Tracey-We all still miss Dave so with you on that one.

Retired Old ■■■■:

rigsby:

windrush:
Our neighbours hairdresser breezed in this morning to do her ‘feathers’ and regaled us with how she managed to get a Christmas tree on Saturday (artificial as she has just had a new carpet costing well over a grand, spent another grand having a decorater refurbish the lounge using ten rolls of wallpaper at £70 a roll which she supplied) and it only cost her £260! :open_mouth: “It was a bargain, wont need to buy one next years so it has actually saved us money” she exclaimed, yeah right. :unamused: She is off to London (Oxford Street) next weekend to get the pressies. Mind you, she does live fairly close to Buxton where money appears to be plentiful, unlike in the more southern parts of our fine county. [emoji38]

Pete.

MONEY PLENTIFUL ? We poor pensioners up here spend it all trying to keep warm in winter unlike you lot in the sub tropical climes down in the valley . If we have a cold snap we will probably have to set fire to the furniture in an effort to keep warm . Can’t afford to keep running the central heating what with the price of gas . Right , I’ll go and get a few scraps for tea then wrap up in my duvet in bed .

Get yerself a council house, Riggers, them you can take the interior doors off and use them for fuel. At least, that’s what seems to happen around here!

Cheers ROF. Great to receive some helpful tips. Always one to be creative and resourceful. Should help Rigsby through the winter.
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Ho bloody ho…I’m in

jsutherland:

Retired Old ■■■■:

rigsby:

windrush:
Our neighbours hairdresser breezed in this morning to do her ‘feathers’ and regaled us with how she managed to get a Christmas tree on Saturday (artificial as she has just had a new carpet costing well over a grand, spent another grand having a decorater refurbish the lounge using ten rolls of wallpaper at £70 a roll which she supplied) and it only cost her £260! :open_mouth: “It was a bargain, wont need to buy one next years so it has actually saved us money” she exclaimed, yeah right. :unamused: She is off to London (Oxford Street) next weekend to get the pressies. Mind you, she does live fairly close to Buxton where money appears to be plentiful, unlike in the more southern parts of our fine county. [emoji38]

Pete.

Cheers ROF. Great to receive some helpful tips. Always one to be creative and resourceful. Should help Rigsby through the winter.
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

It would appear that Rigsby has already burned the entire upstairs of his council house, Johnny. In desperation I may just advise him to have a butchers around the backstreets of Buxton- there may be one or two skips about that he could ransack for combustible materials. Failing that, I would suggest a night-time tour of the local tyre fitters where an unlocked gate could provide a brilliant source of fuel, albeit accompanied by a bit of a whiff and a cloud or two of black smoke. Should be OK for those in the Peaks, being inured to smell & smoke by the presence of so many Gardner engines over the years.

Got tinsel and fairy lights in my wagon, having swapped tippers for a fridge/freezer wagon so my motor is always clean, inside and out.

Muckaway:
Got tinsel and fairy lights in my wagon, having swapped tippers for a fridge/freezer wagon so my motor is always clean, inside and out.

oh dear , I never had you down as a backslider Nathan . Tinsel ? Fairy lights ? It appears that you’ve gone over to the dark side :open_mouth:

I remember reading about the origin of the word ‘Hooligan’. Apparently the Hooligans were an Irish family who rented a house and proceeded to destroy it - not just the doors and the skirting boards, but the stairs (replaced with a ladder) and floorboards - walk on the beams, were burnt too. Now it seems that they were maligned and the culprits were from deepest Cheshire!!!

Got to admit I love the Christmas lights (sorry!) This year no tree :frowning:
1 year old grandson coming to stay…

But have put up outside lights, snowflakes falling etc. Couple of years ago I sent my daughter this pic of the house from outside:

IMG_0224.JPG
She phoned immediately and asked if we were having an exorcism!

John.

rigsby:

Muckaway:

oh dear , I never had you down as a backslider Nathan . Tinsel ? Fairy lights ? It appears that you’ve gone over to the dark side :open_mouth:

Well the money and afternoon finishing times were two major factors…All started one day when I first started; I was given a fairly good 07 plate Merc which I just cleaned up a bit. Two weeks later I’m given a 17 plate and now there’s talk I’ve got a new one coming when the registration changes.

youtube.com/watch?v=64n7iS-P1GY

C’mon you miserable gits…turn the sound up, all together now, sing up at the back. :smiley: :smiley:

rigsby:
Right ! To start with PV83 you are banned off here for posting that last obscene picture , it left me in a state of shock and distress . I can’t stand too many shocks like that at my age . Now the good news , the wife is now type 2 diabetic so all the biscuits and sweets amassed for the break have got to go , she’s giving them all away to the nephews and nieces so that’s me out of pocket and xmas without sweet things . Can’t go to the sprog’s for Xmas dinner , she not allowed rich food on her diet , so it looks like low sugar beans on toast for Xmas dinner . Merry Bloody Christmas indeed .

This was just a little reminder of what you can use for a bonfire Rigsby… I grew up on a council estate so I know how it feels to have nowt…
We used just about owt we could lay our hands on to set fire to, just to keep warm mind… pallets, tyres, cars, shops, witches even old pensioners

We were so poor that we got a used tea bag every Christmas as a present…

I’m sorry to hear about the condition of the Mrs mate, I do hope you’ll find some proper grub for tea though :wink:

A tea bag :open_mouth: you were lucky, we couldn’t even afford the bag. :frowning:

mushroomman:
A tea bag :open_mouth: you were lucky, we couldn’t even afford the bag. :frowning:

We couldn’t either, we had to nick it first… and then had to act surprised when we unwrapped our “presents”…

pv83:

rigsby:
Right ! To start with PV83 you are banned off here for posting that last obscene picture , it left me in a state of shock and distress . I can’t stand too many shocks like that at my age . Now the good news , the wife is now type 2 diabetic so all the biscuits and sweets amassed for the break have got to go , she’s giving them all away to the nephews and nieces so that’s me out of pocket and xmas without sweet things . Can’t go to the sprog’s for Xmas dinner , she not allowed rich food on her diet , so it looks like low sugar beans on toast for Xmas dinner . Merry Bloody Christmas indeed .

This was just a little reminder of what you can use for a bonfire Rigsby… I grew up on a council estate so I know how it feels to have nowt…
We used just about owt we could lay our hands on to set fire to, just to keep warm mind… pallets, tyres, cars, shops, witches even old pensioners

I’m sorry to hear about the condition of the Mrs mate, I do hope you’ll find some proper grub for tea though :wink:

If there are any Hobnobs left after the holidays I’ll save one for you, Dave.

Retired Old ■■■■:

pv83:

rigsby:

If there are any Hobnobs left after the holidays I’ll save one for you, Dave.

Now that is a true friend!

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

rigsby:

Rigsby,

Sorry to hear about your wife’s diagnosis. But I wanted to say that I was diagnosed 6 years ago with T2. Quite a surprise for me as I felt great! But you have to face facts so I cut out the sugar, reduced the fat and carried on. And started to be a bit more active such as parking the car away from destinations and walking the last bit. And I monitor my health regularly.

So far so good. I told everybody around me about my diet, and the reasons for it, and it helps me in as much that people do not offer me cakes and biscuits! It also made a few think about their diet… My wonderful wife supports me but still enjoys her normal diet and sweet treats. My problem is not hers! And finally if your wife is finding it a little hard or confusing there is a lot of help online. My best wishes to her.

Enough of the serious side. Seasons greeting to all of you on the forum. Health and happiness to you all.