The anti truck movement brake

HAS ANY OWNER DRIVERS READ THE RECENT BULLETIN FROM VOSA REGARDING BRAKE, THEY HAVE TEAMED UP WITH THEM AND BRAKE ARE NOW OFFERING COURSES AND SEMINARS ON HOW TO DRIVE PROPERLY, HAS ANYBODY SEEN THIS ? WHO THE HELL DO BRAKE THINK THEY ARE , AND HOW COME VOSA ARE LISTENING TO THEM, HOW LONG BEFORE ANOTHER SERIES OF COURSES WILL WE HAVE TO DO IF BRAKE GET THEIR WAY, HOPEFULLY IVE GOT THE WRONG END OF THE STICK, BUT AS SOON AS I SAW IT I JUST DELETED IT I WAS THAT MAD, :imp: :imp: :imp: I MAY HAVE GOT IT COMPLETLY WRONG ANYBODY KNOW. :smiley:

Aaand… Breath out.

:slight_smile:)

is it compulsory you have to attend?

brake wont be satisifed until we have no accidents and deaths on the road they will use stats to prove this.

I wonder if those sandal wearing do-gooders scavenge for their food in their locality, on foot, and wear clothing produced from the wool of local sheep or if they shop in shops?

fdm:
Aaand… Breath out.

:slight_smile:)

IM BREATHING OUT OK, ITS THAT BIG INTAKE OF BREATH, IM NOW BREATHING OUT FIRE,
B= [zb]
R=RUBBISH
A= [zb]
K=â– â– ? CANT THINK OF ANYTHING
E=EARBASHING [zb]

Someone’s having a bad day :open_mouth:

surely you didnt think everything was going to end with the dcpc ? dont you know that once the dcpc was thought up and brought in that they have to think up more ways to put in more rules and regs so that there looking like there doing there jobs, it will never stand still not while we have euro nutters sitting down week after week who are paid to think up ways of improving the job

anyway if wages increase as a result of drivers like me who quit the game then at least you will have more money in your pocket to spend on futher training, personaly i think all hgv drivers should have to spend out to keep there driving legal as i am now a member of the public and i need to know that the roads are being kept safe from hgv drivers, : )

FFS STOP SHOUTING

Don’t see anything about it in the recent News feeds from either DVSA or Brake. Where did you see this, and what did it actually say?

Nowt wrong with BRAKE workin with the DVSA.
Improving driving standards is what we all want, well most of us.

LMAO at how upset the op is though… :smiley:

Have a Pontefract Cake and calm down old chap. :neutral_face:

The key word is “offering”. You can choose not to attend them, just like I choose to switch off the radio when one of their members are talking. :wink:
The first person to sign up gets to sit next to Albion1971 by the way. :smiling_imp:

As LGV driving and advanced driving are so close together what could BRAKE or DVSA add to this issue?

I get a LGV driver who wants to do the IAM advanced test so I go out with them in their cars a couple of times for perhaps a 1 hour drive each time and then put them in for test- dead easy for me as I do not have to do much

If I go out with them in their lorry for say 4 or 5 hours on a half day run then at the end of that I am telling them to put in for the advanced test

The advanced test is all about doing the safest drive possible for 90 mins with a serving or ex police traffic officer as the examiner

Says it all really

K = kinell

Brake won’t be happy until the NSL is 5mph and we all have a man with a red flag walking in front. They are great supporters of the “speed kills” mantra.
I may be wrong, but I get the feeling most of them don’t/can’t drive. Unfortunately they manage to have their voice heard every time someone (usually a child) is killed and seem to have become the first place the press go to for a quote on road safety.
:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Theyre probably the same crowd who stood on Greenham Common in the sixties wearing sandals and sporting the latest ban the bomb badge. Im just wondering who pays their wages, or where they get the funding from. They also remind me of Mary whitehouse who took it upon herself to bash the grannie out of what she called Disgusting` tv programs, thank god shes not on this planet anymore, and have you noticed no one has taken her place.

Who pays them?

This lot:

brake.org.uk/donate/corporate-partnership

Including various bus and train companies …

When BRAKE first started, it was sponsored mostly by the truck companies…who rather seem to have fallen by the wayside now.

I used to forward them some of BRAKE’s press releases and ask them if they knew who their money was being spent.

There’s a £20k - £25 k job going with them at the moment, but look at this:

Brake encourages employees to commute to work by public transport or on foot or bicycle and welcomes applicants who can comply with this safety and environmental policy.

We will not accept applications from people who intend to commute a significant distance to the office by car, although we do allow commuting by car over short distances in some circumstances (for example, if you need your car for unavoidable other reasons during the day, such as to pick up dependents). Due to the nature of Brake’s work, we cannot consider applications from traffic offenders.

:smiley:

Roymondo:
Don’t see anything about it in the recent News feeds from either DVSA or Brake. Where did you see this, and what did it actually say?

it was on the vosa webpage that I get every month, and now ive just read that the top traffic commissioner isn’t satisfied with some of the dcpc training being given, and now the government is talking with tfl about retraining us about pushbike awareness etc etc, its getting bloody stupid :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

steelgoon:
Have a Pontefract Cake and calm down old chap. :neutral_face:

I never thought of that I havnt had one for years, off to haribo now, thanks for the tip :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: