The aec truck or coach or "oh"you tell me?

2836823099_f66a287dba_b.jpg
15.JPG
91.JPG
1.JPG[attachment=5]1.JPG[/attachment]
1.JPGwell this 1966 aec once belong to bartons bus and coach company notts area.
right from the start it was never ment to carry passengers ,i guess it was a free spirit… longing for the open road as a truck ?

yes you did hear me say truck.
well after getting out of a day trip to the sea side the aec decided to do a runner and found it self having the ass- end being taken out and converted into a stock car carrying vehicle ?
now you would think well thats the end of that … ?
the AEC was left out in the cold at John Lanes tyres of stockport where it lay its head down peacefully to rot and become a worm fest.

then one day in the summer of 2009 whilst at johns tyre yard ken and ray walsh spotted this sorry site rotting away in the undergroth and asked john what he was doing with it …well the rest is history.

except to say it now lives happly ever after as a truck no a coach no a living quarters “oh” you make your own mind up when you meet us next time at a truck rally near you.

all the best happy trucking ian.

100_0767.JPG

33.JPG

Hiya…if you scroll through the pages theres a site where this AEC has been talked about before…
John

hi john i thank you for the old post comment ,
i’ve just been in the garage doing a bit on the royal tiger so you know how it is jump on the comp and got lost in it ha ha .

thanks mate regards ian.

hi john can you remember the post? ken ask me to ask you please, also if you do p.m me or email me and we will send you the 2012 calendar of krwalsh-classics.com

cheers ian.

How long did it take to transform this then its a wonderful restoration.What engine has it got in it this would be too early for the AH760 .I too have seen this on another thread it may have been on Bubblemans Scrapbook but i`m not certain

ramone:
How long did it take to transform this then its a wonderful restoration.What engine has it got in it this would be too early for the AH760 .I too have seen this on another thread it may have been on Bubblemans Scrapbook but i`m not certain

Hiya ramone…knowing these lads about 6 weeks, its all go…go…go have a look at there site. they come to a show with
a falling apart albion on the AEC … about 3 months later the albion was done and driving around,
John