The A14 is so quiet at night now

Ive really noticed this since the end of February. I usually join at The Bury A143 Junction around midnight ish…I used to always see a few of the Pentalver,Roadways,Newell & Wrights and CEL night men…then you would always get a few RH Freight and the tilt boys out of the ports but lately theres hardly anything on the road…also the laybys between Brampton and M1/M6 junction were always rammed full,now there seems to be more of them half empty…think this probably shows how much work has dropped off this year.

Last year we were up against it over the high fuel prices…now its lack of work…we cant win…what a depressing state of affairs

Its the same all over Europe. Last year the N10 through France would be rammed nose to tail with trucks, now its virtually empty.

yeah i have noticed this myself. its not just the roads you mention i think its allover

john

I’ve noticed this also! Rediculously quiet at the mo!

i presume the A14 would be affected more than other roads on average, as a lot of the traffic is boxes full of cheap chinese imports that we ain’t buying at the moment, presumably the A34 out of southampton is the same

A14 between A1M and M11 seemed busy as normal when i been on it the past few days, going and coming back :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:

the a17 is the same, came along there last thursday night about 11pm and only met 4 other trucks and most of the laybys were empty