That's novel.

In a hired rigid tonight for the overspill for Avon mouth.
Speed limiter sticker says 85Km yet it does 88km if you use the accelerator, but on cruise control you can’t set it any higher than 85km. So it’s either 85km on cruise with an additional 3km an hour to overtake or drive foot to the floor at 88km and not use cruise control.
Obviously cause I’m lazy sod it’s cruise control all the way lol

Discuss good or bad idea, will things like this stop elephant racing or will it exacerbate the problem.

Never come across a truck limited to 88km an hour before and Cruise control set to a lower limit.

I have checked the built in speed limiter control and you can’t set it any higher than 88km lower you can but not higher. But even setting that at Max makes no difference to the cruise control limit.

Could be eco mode. I know some trucks will limit CC to 85 when eco mode in on.

It’s a Daft rigid so can’t find any eco settings on it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

We had a '52 LF that was set just below 90, whether on CC or not. On CC, twist the right stalk and stamp your right foot and it would give a short burst of speed then come back down. Do this a few dozen times and you could eventually overtake something you’ve spent over an hour creeping up on at 0.0001kph, in 6 inch increments. :unamused:

This is a CF cab and there is no twist on the stalk.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk