Thats me lot

Well Trucks gone, decided after 40 odd years, that is enough. Have had some great times and met lots of good guys ( plus some [zb] as well ) but its new horizons for me, and it will not be involving Trucks anymore. Have been offered work on the Wind Farm supply boats , home every night and much better money. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yoyo5:
Well Trucks gone, decided after 40 odd years, that is enough. Have had some great times and met lots of good guys ( plus some [zb] as well ) but its new horizons for me, and it will not be involving Trucks anymore. Have been offered work on the Wind Farm supply boats , home every night and much better money. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Retired 4 years ago after spending my working life on the road.
Thought I would do a bit here and there,saying that if I dont use my licence in the first 12 months I wont renew,I didnt,never done a day since I dont have time :laughing: :laughing:

40 odd years and giving up? - lightweight! :wink:

Good luck in your new job - sounds interesting.

Good luck in your new venture :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Chererio mate. Your replacement has just arrived from Warsaw. Have fun in your new job :smiley:

Lucky so and so!

But still reading about them… Not quite let go [WINKING FACE].

midlifetrucker:

Yes hard to completely let go, so reading about them will have to do, and I can still follow all the news on here or maybe not, :unamused: :open_mouth:

And realise how â– â– â– â–  this job has got.

I miss my old truck …But after 4 yrs away nearly I have come to the conclusion that the job is [zb] anyway …Sod going back to doing it for money .
Enjoy the boat Pal !

Goodonya mate. I used to wonder wtf was wrong with retired people when they said they didn’t know how they found time to go to work… I know now. :slight_smile:

yoyo5:

I think Id love that job. Id be able to supply the odd bit of extra wind too when Im ready… :grimacing:

Terry T:
Your replacement has just arrived from Warsaw.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yoyo5:

midlifetrucker:

Yes hard to completely let go, so reading about them will have to do, and I can still follow all the news on here or maybe not, :unamused: :open_mouth:

Make no mistake, reading things on here or flicking through T&D occasionally will be the closest you will want to get to haulage once you’ve found something else to do and moved on. Leaving trucks and trucking behind was the best thing I ever did, and I just kick myself for not doing it sooner.