Thats it time to move out of this game

Doing 2 jobs, don’t forget to let the taxman know as he will catch up with you. Mate of mine had a big bill a couple of months ago.

Doing 2 jobs, don’t forget to let the taxman know as he will catch up with you. Mate of mine had a big bill a couple of months ago.

Registered with agency as secondary employment!

To quote the Eagles song Hotel California “you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave” you’ll soon be back at it, what would you do if the red arrows offered you a start?

Never say never, but it would have to be a pucker genuine job, if one of them exits locally!!!
As i said ive been driving 30 odd years, driven in reverse more than some have forwards,time to take a look around and enjoy life a bit, im 54 this year, its been a long time on the road, just want to pull out of the fast lane & onto the slower paced country roads!!

And yes, if i get the feeling again i’ll get back behind the wheel, but at the moment thats not what i want to do, in 6/12 months who knows!!

Governor!:
As i said ive been driving 30 odd years, driven in reverse more than some have forwards,

Don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it.

I gave it up 3 years ago. Don’t miss it one little bit!

Sometimes hanker for a one off run down to Italy or something for prosperity’s sake, but other than that you can keep it!
My digi-card and passport have long since expired, and in a couple of years will have to flip a coin as to having a medical and keeping the entitlement or not…

billybigrig:

Armagedon:
Manic depressives the lot of you,41 years I’ve been doing this job and 41 years ago the same whingeing…

Wah wah wah wah Jesus H, anyone would think half you lot have had a gun to your heads for decades forcing you to endure and suffer in silence (except RDC waiting rooms) . This jobs easier than it ever was FFS :unamused: :unamused: Unless of course you are a spineless drama queen without freewill and a pair of legs :unamused:
I swear some of you must spend all day looking for things to fret and moan over.

Didn’t have myself down as a spineless drama queen exactly, but thanks anyway :laughing:. I agree the jobs got easier in respect of better motors, a lot of road improvements etc, but it’s a lot harder with the vast increase of excessive BS, and the wages have not moved with the times… unless you have a better job than me of course, I don’t know how much you have done but after a while I just got a bit cynical towards things, looking for ulterior motives towards rules & regs, I’ve still got a free will and indeed legs, but you may be right about looking for things to moan over as my kids reckon I am getting like the Grumpy Old Men on the telly :blush: :open_mouth: but I liked the Hotel California comparison. Anway mate if you are happy with your lot fair play to you,… me? I,m off down the road to look for summat to fret and moan over :sunglasses: :laughing:

OTS:

truckerjon:

Armagedon:
So your leaving the glamorous world of ‘trucking’ to become a school janitor,think I would have just sloped off quietly.

Why? He will probably get treated better, more respect, he will be home every evening and know what time, no stress from traffic jams and TM’s, no sleeping in a tin can, no being asked to “bend the laws”, no moaning forklift drivers, no VOSA, no ridiculous start times, No stupid DCPC to take, proper toilet and subsidised canteen facilities, and the totty!.
Any jobs going? :wink:

As above :smiley:

Yeah, bit of a no-brainer really!!
Good luck fella.

robroy:
. . . but after a while I just got a bit cynical towards things, looking for ulterior motives towards rules & regs, I’ve still got a free will and indeed legs, but you may be right about looking for things to moan over as my kids reckon I am getting like the Grumpy Old Men on the telly :blush: :open_mouth:

My sentiments exactly.

Good luck to you Governor.

Stan

As a driver you risk your life every day,and all for £8.00 per hour.As a maintenance man people will be pleased to see you.Proper canteen facilities as well, jammy git.

Just wondering what the push was?

Was the job at Young Gubbings not as shiny as the equipment. Be interested to hear.

Was the job at Young Gubbings not as shiny as the equipment. Be interested to hear.

:neutral_face:

Juddian:
You might find yourself coming back to it, seeing as many recent drivers (not age dependent) don’t seem up to the job i have a funny feeling that things might well improve for those that can do in the not so distant future.

100% agree.