Thats close !!!!!

Well drive suggest you don’t hit the brakes too Hard !!!

youtube.com/watch?v=UhlkyyYai4Y

Very scarey,i dont think swift have a very good for themselves,i suprised there are no comments left for the video it must be the norm in the states :unamused:

The Boys Own:
Well drive suggest you don’t hit the brakes too Hard !!!

youtube.com/watch?v=UhlkyyYai4Y

Is that an upright fuel tank those lengths of steel are about to chafe against? Not that it would make much difference once the driver was pinned to the trailer in front like a shish kebab. Robert :unamused:

If you read the comments ,someone says [thats a bit close to the headache rack]whatever one of those is :question: :unamused:

seth 70:
If you read the comments ,someone says [thats a bit close to the headache rack]whatever one of those is :question: :unamused:

Think you’ll find they mean the storage box .(see below link )

Robert1952:
Is that an upright fuel tank those lengths of steel are about to chafe against

No there not , you don’t get doors on fuel tanks :unamused: there upright storage boxes ( note the handles / locks on the left and centre panel are to the right top and bottom and the right hand panel has the same but on the left side of the box)

kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipment- … nFlag=true

reading a bit more they are used for chain storage etc which makes sense as a headache rack ( chains knocking would give you a headache) :neutral_face: but would offer security and protection for an expensive bit of kit

nick2008:

seth 70:

Robert1952:

No there not , you don’t get doors on fuel tanks :unamused: there upright storage boxes ( note the handles / locks on the left and centre panel are to the right top and bottom and the right hand panel has the same but on the left side of the box)

:laughing: :laughing: I didn’t notice the doors! That would be really irritating wouldn’t it, to open those doors and be drenched with diesel :laughing: Robert

robert1952:

nick2008:

seth 70:

Robert1952:

:laughing: :laughing: I didn’t notice the doors! That would be really irritating wouldn’t it, to open those doors and be drenched with diesel :laughing: Robert

be even funnier telling paddy he needs to open the door to fill her up :unamused:

Hiya…over the water don’t they have a turntable that moves with controls that are in the cab. if you,ve ever
pulled a 60 ft with steel on they bounce in the middle sending waves up the trailer and knocking your neck out,
its a few years since i pulled a 60 ft.
maybe this chap he got to the highway shortened the gap for some reason maybe a comfortable ride, when he gets
off the highway he’ll stretch the space out again. the over taker is only guessing about the gap the driver must know
exactly what he’s doing. the load hasn’t moved for certain.
John

‘Headache Rack’ is just another name for what we call the Headboard, anything that comes through it will certainly give you a headache to put it mildly. In this case the Trailer didn’t have a Headboard, I would guess those nice lockers would have lost their newness by the time they got to the destination!

hi all,
america has very confusing laws for trucks that vary from state to state.maybe? he had to move the slider forward to comply with the length laws within that state.looks like two notches back and he would be ok :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
regards andrew.

If anybody likes yank trucks ,have a look at big rig videos on utube and go onto rolling interviews , :wink:

Hiya…over the water don’t they have a turntable that moves with controls that are in the cab. if you,ve ever
pulled a 60 ft with steel on they bounce in the middle sending waves up the trailer and knocking your neck out,
its a few years since i pulled a 60 ft.
maybe this chap he got to the highway shortened the gap for some reason maybe a comfortable ride, when he gets
off the highway he’ll stretch the space out again. the over taker is only guessing about the gap the driver must know
exactly what he’s doing. the load hasn’t moved for certain.
John

That’s probably the best way to carry that, headache rack is the same as out headboard, it’s just that they fit it to the truck instead of the trailer, with it that close, if he did have to slam on, it doesn’t have too much room to gain momentum.