That's a first.

Some of the places they send me is ■■■■ unreal, back and beyond outback…
First drop, a remote farm, met a ■■■■ school bus this morning, single track road, neither of us could gan anywhere…
Got the ‘You shouldn’t be down here with a truck that size’’ routine off the driver, which kinda got us off to a bad start, told him I was on a tourist trip around Cornwall so which way did he think I would take…loved the look I got off him actually trying to work out if I was being serious. :unamused: :smiley:
Anyhoo got that off…eventually, put next destination in sat nav…
Got this :open_mouth:

That is a first even on my job.
I love a challenge,…look out for me on You Tube one day. :laughing:

(You can turn the pic if you can be arsed.
I ain’t got the technological know how. :blush: )

I had one of those satnavs, but eventually gave in to updating it when the number of months my maps were out of date was getting ridiculous. Even if you had lifetime maps (I didn’t), I don’t think they even support them anymore as they are considered obsolete. However, the new one I got, whenever the street was unnamed, the bloody thing wouldn’t navigate to it, so I had to carry two satnavs. Anyway, not needing one now.

Time to upgrade the pratnav, or upgrade the smartphone app to HGV spec so you can be sure that your driving home for Christmas and not stuck in a dirt track

Thing is it wasnt the sat nav, the road up to the farm WAS virtually non existent…so sat nav was right.
Guy met me with a tractor with forks and a trailer after a phone call.

I understand you checking sat navigation, I understand you being sure to be sure
But when you got loaded with a delivery address like that surely there was a note on docket saying something like no access for truck give a ring when getting near point of delivery
If not, so much for new technology, ie a note message to assist driver with delivery and stop some tool from driving himself into a field because sat navigation told him too

A while a ago there was a big crash which closed the M4 in both directions near Leigh Delamere.
It was interesting to see this road among other similar ones get turned into a diversionary route for motorway traffic.It was great fun just getting a Range Rover past oncoming artics let alone artics and coaches passing each other.It took 6 hours to do a 3 hour journey sometimes it’s a great advantage not driving trucks.
maps.app.goo.gl/599ZDvzsJo2TTWpm8

Bigtruck3:
I understand you checking sat navigation, I understand you being sure to be sure
But when you got loaded with a delivery address like that SURELYthere was a note on docket saying something like no access for truck give a ring when getting near point of delivery
If not, so much for new technology, ie a note message to assist driver with delivery and stop some tool from driving himself into a field because sat navigation told him too

Like your use of the word ‘‘surely’’. :smiley:
Nah,.that’s too much like common sense for them to pre check access, they (the manufacturer) say they do, but I don’t think the girl who does actually even knows what an artic is.
A lot will say ‘We get artics here all the time’, …yeah, but rear steer short arsed milk tankers, and tipper trailers. :unamused:
Fact is if you ain’t on the ball and do pre checks yourself, you could come unstuck.

Every farm I go to down there I write in my book directions in how to get there, to cross reference if ever I go there again, consequently I have a book with about 114 pages (and counting) with directions.
If the farm ain’t in my book, I’ll ring the farmer for directions,… but even then some of them will assure you of access or that you can get turned back around, just to get their delivery there. :smiling_imp:

So I use google satellite view a lot, a map, common sense… and my sat nav, …it’s all worked for me so far.
The ‘no road’ thing just amused me, thinking 'What chance have I got ffs,.when a car sat nav basically tells a CAR not to go there. :unamused:
it’s the first time it has ever come up. :smiley:

robroy:

Bigtruck3:
But when you got loaded with a delivery address like that SURELYthere was a note on docket saying something like no access for truck give a ring when getting near point of delivery

Like your use of the word ‘‘surely’’. :smiley:
Nah,.that’s too much like common sense for them to pre check access, they (the manufacturer) say they do, but I don’t think the girl who does actually even knows what an artic is.
A lot will say ‘We get artics here all the time’, …yeah, but rear steer short arsed milk tankers, and tipper trailers. :unamused:
Fact is if you ain’t on the ball and do pre checks yourself, you could come unstuck.

Every farm I go to down there I write in my book directions in how to get there, to cross reference if ever I go there again, consequently I have a book with about 114 pages (and counting) with directions.
If the farm ain’t in my book, I’ll ring the farmer for directions,… but even then some of them will assure you of access or that you can get turned back around, just to get their delivery there. :smiling_imp:

So I use google satellite view a lot, a map, common sense… and my sat nav, …it’s all worked for me so far.
The ‘no road’ thing just amused me, thinking 'What chance have I got ffs,.when a car sat nav basically tells a CAR not to go there. :unamused:
it’s the first time it has ever come up. :smiley:

Even if the customer has told everyone involved with the delivery the office doesn’t always pass it on to the driver. When my mother was having her house built it was one of those modular affairs that is brought to the site in sections / kit form she told everyone involved that you couldn’t turn a 3.5 t van around at the bottom of the track and to park up at the campground opposite the top of the track at least twice she had someone get halfway down the track and not able to make the bend because the office hadn’t passed on the message

Carryfast:
A while a ago there was a big crash which closed the M4 in both directions near Leigh Delamere.
It was interesting to see this road among other similar ones get turned into a diversionary route for motorway traffic.It was great fun just getting a Range Rover past oncoming artics let alone artics and coaches passing each other.It took 6 hours to do a 3 hour journey sometimes it’s a great advantage not driving trucks.

Advantage not driving trucks !!!
You’ve finally admitted it
Youve never driven a truck !!!

justpassing:

Carryfast:

Advantage not driving trucks !!!
You’ve finally admitted it
Youve never driven a truck !!!

For your benefit I’ll reword it ‘no longer driving trucks’.