That wind farm on top of beattock

for anyone who regularly passe this wind farm and wonders how many turbines there are

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s … s-13617221

Cheers lol

You know when you seem them they dont look that big, then you see one of the blades close up on the road and it is massive!

Its the way forward, im sure they will be spinning all year round up there.

I think that we are being mugged with those wind farm things. There is no or very little wind during the Solstice or at other times when the atmospheric pressure is high. The tides are constant and can be predicted this form of energy ought to be harnessed .

Some sort of collection device above the houses of parliament would harness enough hot air to last forever…
at last we find a use for something useless.

Been a fair while in construction,£500 million!Bet all that construction generated a fair bit of carbon footprint?Interesting in one of the links below the main story it points out that earlier this year,because the grid couldn’t take the energy being produced one night,they had to switch off several wind farms,for which they were paid £900k compensation,apparently the total revenue that would have been generated by this ‘lost’ power would’ve been £90k,just like the rest of the de-regulated energy ‘market’ its a joke,wind farms subsidised,then when they aren’t being used ‘we’ pay again!

I actually saw two of them working a month or two back.
Do I win a prize?

Soldier z:
I actually saw two of them working a month or two back.
Do I win a prize?

CONGRATULATIONS… you win an hours worth of free electricity, next time you are passing, call in with your empty bucket and fill it for free, Simples

now that the snp are in,scotland is going to end up covered in them,anybody with a few acres of hill is rushing to grab the money on offer,they plan to generate all of scotlands electricity from renewables by 2020,aye rite :unamused:

Davyboy:
now that the snp are in,scotland is going to end up covered in them,anybody with a few acres of hill is rushing to grab the money on offer,they plan to generate all of scotlands electricity from renewables by 2020,aye rite :unamused:

so when scotland is self sufficient in energy and england is being held to ransom by russia… the snp can say " we told you so "

Trukkertone:

Davyboy:

so when scotland is self sufficient in energy and england is being held to ransom by russia… the snp can say " we told you so "

we’ll never be self sufficient with just re-newables,most boffins say you need a mix of sources (coal,gas wind,hydro,nuclear)but the tree huggers advising the snp(and the leccy co’s raking in all the subsidies from the taxpayer) say evrything will be fine,meanwhile our countryside gets ruined.The freckin things aint even made here,all imported from Denmark,so no decent long term jobs come out of it,we’ll still be held to ransom,whether it by the russkies,the danes or the french or germans who now own all our power stations :unamused:

seeing as we are all in this together,
all together… bend down and brace yourselves
cos we are all gonna get shafted sooner or later.

Total spend 500million.

200 million of it awarded to Scottish companies.

Are they supposed to be grateful with 40% of the work in their own country ffs? Why not give them 70-80% of it, look after our own for a change?

I get to drive right into the wind fars a lot, was in the one at Fenwick last week. I know the web page says it is the biggest, but not for long. There is a bigger one going up just past Inverness.

Paul

Trukkertone:

Davyboy:

if SNP get in we will be held to ransom by the EU so you guys will be saying “we told you so” to the SNP :laughing: