That was that then.

After waiting many months I finally got a job again in Sweden,which I started in the New Year.It was a job similar to what I was doing before and the same work.

Three weeks ago I was in Sweden and the auto box on the Merc froze,it was -23c.I went to the Merc dealer in Malmo and they took a look at it and plugged it into the computer,usual thing,as soon as you drive into the workshop the ■■■■ thing started working.
Anyway,the service manager said to me ‘Next time you come in bring cash because your firm has no credit’.
That was the start of it.

The following Monday the guy who was running the traffic had a big argument with the boss in Stockholm and walked out,three Swedish drivers also quit the same day.
I asked the manager what the score was and he said there had been some irregularities within the office.

I then found out that the Gothenburg office was going to be closed,and they didn’t know if they would keep me on.
I also found out that the big boss will be getting rid of all the Swedish drivers ‘As they are too expensive’!

From May of this year new regulations come into force in Sweden allowing Swedish companies to employ workers from the Eastern Bloc states who will be joining the EU,so they will be outing their own people for the sake of cheap labour! We all knew this was on the cards.

So last week I decided to jump before I was pushed,and put the truck & trailer on the ferry and sent it back to Sweden.I will be going back to my old job next week,even got the same truck as before,it’s been standing since Christmas.

So,that was that then! :unamused:

Sorry to hear that Keith but at least on the plus side you got your old job back and you will enjoy the FH even more now after having the Merc for a while. :wink:

What can you say maybe its the shape of things to come,its always been a nightmare of mine that when the EU expands the cheap labour will flood in,if the agencies get hold of them what would happen then,etc dont want to waffle.

Im really sorry to hear that Keith, and i was going to give it a month or three and tap you up for a job!! That seems to be the way things are going though. I was in Greece a couple of weeks ago, saw an English right hand drive truck and decided to be sociable, the driver was Hungarian, got to Italy at a well known groupage place, a double manned team in a right hand drive 124 were there, went to speak to them, a window was open, they werent English, turned out they were 2 Bulgarians. Its happening here as well, cheap labour for more profit. Very sad state of affairs :blush: William was guilty of the same towards the end of Onsala though. i dont suppose you can blame them, but it screws the job up for the rest of us. not everyone wants to be Monday to Friday, i dont anyway, but we dont seem to get a choice when they take on cheap labour, when we would do the job with a BIG smile, but to the cheap labour its just a job. i hope this message makes sense as ive just got in from pub :laughing: :unamused: i really do feel for you Keith, i know how much it all means to you mate. Carl