That was close

Doing my regular run last Friday night,store delivery to ASDA Elgin from Falkirk.It was snowing quite heavily going over Drumochter so had to make the decision at Aviemore whether to go A95/A941(more snow?) or A9/A96.
Got to Aviemore,decided on the first option.Good call,road as clear as a bell.Got to within a mile of Elgin,road closed due to fatal R.T.A. Copper says turn round here,go back to last village,turn left for Lhanbryde,turn left at next T-junction and that will take you to Elgin.
So off I goes,following the directions given.What he didn’t tell me about was this.

Thank heavens for air suspension.Dumped all the air on unit and trailer and just scraped through(not literally :exclamation: ).Just what you need at 3a.m. in torrential rain.
What I would like to know is,if I had got stuck,could I have blamed the policeman? I was acting on his instructions.This is not the kind of area where you go wandering around with an artic.Lots of single track roads,narrow/weak and low bridges.Not all bridges are shown in the AA Truckers map,although this one is.

I doubt you could blaim the copper for sending you that way, After all his Ford Focus fits so why should you not beable to! And the bridges are all signed with the height! (usualy)

i agree. unfortunately, even though he instructed you to go this way, he was advising you with regards to a diversion, not ordering you. the courts would see it as still being your own responsibility to ensure you can clear these bridges :unamused:

I know it’s a bridge,but i thought i’d let ppl see it,hope u don’t mind m8.