THAT Thread About the PDA

A few points regarding this thread and why it was removed:

• For starters, it directly broke the Forum Rules (which you all signed up to when registering), or rather, a combination number of rules…These are:

8.Postings made by management of another site, which are geared to move community membership from the TruckNet UK global forums to their own site, are deemed advertising and will be removed without recourse.

Granted, the member making the post wasn’t PDA management, but the principle is the same. Bottom line is that we can’t allow other transport-related websites to have free,direct links or blatant adverts since a) it is unfair on those customers who pay for the right to do this; and b) Like it or not, Rikki and I cannot afford to support this site on driver’s wages anymore, and taking money from members would defeat the object of it’s existence; therefore it has to pay for itself.

9. Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on these forums and will be deleted immediately with no further explanation

Ok, so the PDA is an organisation which is looking to help drivers. But, again, the principle is the same, and must be applied consistently if it is to have any credibility at all.

• Whilst we’re on the subject of Rule 8 (see above, or HERE ), you may also note the current guidelines regarding Moderator and Admin interpretation of this rule…:

Whilst we’re on the subject…here’s the current ruling on direct links and urls…:-

Personal Websites - This means sites like Vince’s and Bully’s, which are non-commercial/political sites which people have built for their own and others’ enjoyment. Allowed in signatures and can be linked from relevant posts

Organisations - eg.Owner Operators, PDA, etc. By agreementonly in signatures in relevant threads. So don’t post it without asking.

Commercial Sites - Not allowed in signatures. Can, however, be posted by a member who has no connection to the site in answer to a question in a relevant thread.
So if someone asked where to buy a fridge and AtkiG11 said “Try www.coldstuff.com” then it would be removed.

The obvious exceptions to this, by the way, are our paying advertisers…they can do what they like (within reason)!

No permission was was sought for this thread to be posted, therefore it contravened current guidelines. Chances are, had someone from the PDA management requested assistance with this problem, we would have obliged…

• Various posts within the thread broke Rule 3. I won’t quote directly here since the post has now been pulled, but rest assured that it is safely tucked away in the Storage Shed and can be produced at a moment’s notice if proof is required.
    These posts included examples of a) Personal Attack; b) Obscene Language; and c)Profanity.

• A CRYSTAL CLEAR statement regarding the PDA and this site was made. It can be found HERE.
    If TruckNet UK has disassociated from the PDA, then we can’t very well allow threads like this to be posted without clear, corroborated, express permission from Site Management (Myself and Rikki), can we?

Another thing which came up in the course of the thread was the absence of Senior Management to deal with it. For the record, Rikki and myself were in Dorset visiting my daughter this weekend (as usual) and the trip was prolonged after I was taken to into hospital. I was there all day today, and have to return to our local unit tomorrow. Obviously, Rikki was there supporting me through a very frightening time. Point is, much as we devote the majority amount of our time to this site, family has to take precedence.

A HUGE[/i] “Thankyou” to Mrs Mix (Pam) for making the right decision and pulling the thread. Good call mate! :grimacing:
So there you go. Job done. Any queries feel free to pm ME[/i] (not Rikki, see his separate thread) and my mobile number will be forthcoming…:wink:
Lucy Radley.
Joint Managing Director
TruckNet (Europe)Ltd.