That’s that then

Hello, my brothers lot went pop recently & here’s what happened. The company called in to put it into administration gave them forms with a reference number on. You need that number when applying through the govt website, www.gov.uk/claim-redundancy.
They will pay you your last weeks pay up to a limit of £485, if you’re owed more that’s tough. You can also claim redundancy, one week for every year you’ve been there, you’ll get a minimum of one weeks pay if you’ve been there less than a year, again a max of £485 per week, both are taxed. A point to note, if you get a job immediately then whatever you earn will come off your cash. So, if you’ve been there say 5 years you can claim 5x£485, if you start work in say 2 weeks then whatever you earn will come off that total. Both are usually paid out within about 3 to 4 weeks of claiming. HTH.

the nodding donkey:

nightline:

the nodding donkey:

Dan ze Man:
Keep the truck :confused: :slight_smile:

Tempting as that is, it is bad advice.

It’s the best advice your going to get
I did it one time I kept the unit hidden and got a phone call next day where is truck
You will get truck back when up to date money is in my account
Before day was out everything was sorted at the time just before they wanted me to do cpc transport and said they would pay for it and i got that money for that as well
It’s simple use your head or follow the pack

You were lucky. You’re as likely to get a knock on the door from the old bill. All depends who owns the asset.

No he won’t, he’s not permanently depriving the owner of goods, he is merely holding it as security to get payment. If it is owned by a lease or finance company as he states then yes he can be arrested for theft… but he was lawfully in possession of said vehicle … therefore, he should of parked it up drained the tanks and told the company to come and collect it … diesel free and sold the diesel on to mates etc … whether right or wrong the gaffer obviously didn’t give to bells about the driver… personally I would of dropped trailer and driven home.