That’s that then

All your crap about its lease
I had a car on lease it was a heap of ■■■■ so asked lease company for more money to fix engine no way they said
Long story short mechanic fixes it on tic for me 4 weeks later i was moving out of country he says what about my money you owe me
I says get it off loan company so loan company comes out looking for car at mechanics address and he hands them the keys out they go and try to start it
He took engine back out so they come back, were is engine he says o that’s mine he owes me for that
They paid him over the top to get engine put back in and I even got something out of it
It never came back on me ever
As I always say you can follow the pack or ?

So you dropped the mechanic in the ■■■■■ to get yerself out of it ? What a ■■■■.

AndrewG:
At least thats something. Problem with wages is that the drivers will be the bottom of the pecking order re payment of debt by administrators :frowning:

Actually they’re not. Wages are one of the very first if not the first thing that is settled out of any money the administrators raise.

Conor:

AndrewG:
At least thats something. Problem with wages is that the drivers will be the bottom of the pecking order re payment of debt by administrators :frowning:

Actually they’re not. Wages are one of the very first if not the first thing that is settled out of any money the administrators raise.

Well maybe im wrong on that one then re UK but over here employees who are owed money would be bottom of the list and most likely once the pot has already been run dry get absolutely nothing…

AndrewG:

Conor:

AndrewG:

Well maybe im wrong on that one then re UK but over here employees who are owed money would be bottom of the list and most likely once the pot has already been run dry get absolutely nothing…

It’s happened to me, you do get your money, including holiday pay owed. Can’t remember how long it took, not ages though.

RE. Keeping the truck,. I would imagine a tracker will be fitted ■■

nightline:
I had a car on lease it was a heap of [zb] so asked lease company for more money to fix engine no way they said
Long story short mechanic fixes it on tic for me 4 weeks later i was moving out of country he says what about my money you owe me
I says get it off loan company so loan company comes out looking for car at mechanics address and he hands them the keys out they go and try to start it
He took engine back out so they come back, were is engine he says o that’s mine he owes me for that
They paid him over the top to get engine put back in and I even got something out of it

Itchy chin!!!

nightline:
I had a car on lease it was a heap of [zb] so asked lease company for more money to fix engine no way they said

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

syramax:

Yeh I thought that.
Maybe you could do it once over but not now I reckon.

robroy:

syramax:

Yeh I thought that.
Maybe you could do it once over but not now I reckon.

Doesn’t the tracker work via the cab phone?
Remove sim card?

Unless you know for a fact the truck is owned by the company, all you are doing is shafting some other poor sod down the line.

A rental truck will likely not have been paid for in these situations, bad enough for the rental co, but that’s ok, you just start stripping it and sell the bits on ebay, add a bit more cost for them when they eventually get it back

Its a shame when companies goes into administration, but my take on this is the creditors have a list, and i dont think the driver is top of that list, banks, finance, etc, assets the company holds will be top of the list, obviously to pay those who are owed, but i think there are ways to get a driver what he is owed…if the company is quite large they will try and sell it as a going concern…if its a one man band,they wont bother. Personally i wouldnt keep the truck, or strip it for parts in exchange for money owed, they will come after you for that, there are other routes to take.

in cases of bankruptcy, the first in line, (preferred creditor) is always the Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs. They’ll claim their VAT & Tax dues before anybody else.

in cases of bankruptcy, the first in line, (preferred creditor) is always the Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs. They’ll claim their VAT & Tax dues before anybody else.

Fatty…i heard you the first time… :smiley: :smiley:

Fat Controller:

HMRC are not a “preferred creditor” under the insolvency legislation. That status was abolished for them 14 years ago and they are in exactly the same position as any ordinary trade creditor, supplier etc. Employees are still classed as “preferred creditors” so they come above HMRC, suppliers etc (but are still below “secured creditors” - i.e. those who have a legal charge on company assets).

The list goes as follows:

1. Insolvency fees and expenses (so the accountants get first dibs)
  2. Secured creditors
  3. Preferred creditors (including employees wages, redundancy etc)
  4. Unsecured creditors (including HMRC)
  5. “Associate” unsecured creditors (this might include expense payments owed to employees)
  6. Shareholders

Fat Controller:

+1.

Ken.

The list Roymondo has posted is correct with one distinction; tax and VAT are not the same. Tax is dues you owe, VAT is never yours but money you collect on behalf of the Treasury.

Stanley Knife:
The list Roymondo has posted is correct with one distinction; tax and VAT are not the same. Tax is dues you owe, VAT is never yours but money you collect on behalf of the Treasury.

Doesn’t matter. The 2002 Enterprise Act formally removed the “Crown Preference” status of sums owed to both Inland Revenue and VAT (HM Customs & Excise). All such debts go into the pot with the other unsecured creditors and receive an equal share of what’s left after the secured and preferred creditors (including employees wages and redundancy payments) have been satisfied.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Ring up said company and ask if i return to the truck to where you want it how much will i get paid?
if not a acceptable answer Drain diesel from said truck (thats your going home money)
Park truck in nearest truck stop (high parking price preferably)
Leave truck go home post keys