That Age

I have had my reminder today about renewing my HGV licence … I won’t be renewing it as i have no wish to drive any more, so i won’t be going for a medical, can i just ignore the renewal letter?? :question: :question:

Thanks Guys …

no i think it will just be revoked, but personally id renew it as its a string in your bow you might well need in the future, who knows what life could throw at you in the future

They don’t revoke it as such , just consider it suspended until you take the medical.
Just renew the photo on your licence, might not need to worry about med.
Jim

Remember that there is the small matter of the DCPC to think about ,if you ever want to return to the fold.

Why bother I’ve held a licence for over 40 years think I have been asked for it twice,can’t be that an important document after all so why bother
cheaper just to take a fine,less hassle.

Armagedon:
Why bother I’ve held a licence for over 40 years think I have been asked for it twice,can’t be that an important document after all so why bother
cheaper just to take a fine,less hassle.

Ehh?

You on about the licence? If you drive without a licence then it invalidates your insurance so if you have a serious crash you’ll be picking up the soap in chokey by tea time.

Best not have a crash then haven’t had one yet…touch wood!

Just ignore the HGV reminder, it will tell you on your card licence how long your car licence is valid for.
If you wish to renew your HGV entitlement just reapply with a D4.
By coincidence I had my renewal docs through yesterday. As I’ve recently paid two grand for a cataract operation I guess I’ll keep going a while yet.

Thanks guys, I will not return to driving I learnt a lot while I did do it, especially about people like Armagedon who should never be allowed on the road … His attitude says it all, done 40 years and knows it all …

I say, renew your licence, quit your job and sign on with an agency, tell them you want a very high rate (£20?), no breaks deducted, and see what September brings

Glad to have been of assistance 49er in your epic decision and yes I do know it all,after 40 years would have been a bit of a waste if I hadn’t learnt it all.