Thanks to Peter Smythe and all his staff

Would just like to give a BIG thank you to Peter Smythe and all his wonderful staff, in particular Chris who had to endure my presence all weekend.

I travelled up Friday night and was given free accommodation as per Peter’s offer.
I stayed in a small hotel very close to the town centre and Peters yard, a perfect location. The hotel itself is basic, but clean and with an ensuite so what more do you need.

I met my instructor, Chris, on Saturday morning at 7:45am, a lovely chap with 35 years experience and a true gent. Over the course of Saturday and Sunday, nothing was too much trouble for Chris, his words of encouragement and guidance made the whole weekend most enjoyable.

I had the pleasure of meeting Peter on Saturday when he stopped by to catch up on some paperwork, a nicer chap you would be hard to find.

The whole outfit is in my opinion is one of, if not the VERY best out there, the yard, trucks, vehicles , workshop and office block are all immaculately presented and looked after. I have to say that practising the reversing in the same place as the test takes place is also a huge benefit, and not something many places offer.

My test was at 12:20 yesterday and was greeted by a lovely female examiner, who also made the experience more pleasurable than nerve wrecking (thanks Mel, if you see this). I am happy to say I passed my Class 1 with only two minors, and these were my own fault and poor judgement on the day, otherwise it would have been a clean sheet.

All the staff I met and dealt with at Peter’s were great from start to finish, from the initial correspondence via email, to the final day of the test. All the other instructors around the yard on Monday were all friendly and encouraging whilst waiting with those pre test nerves.

So I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone at the Peter Smythe training school for all your hard work and professionalism throughout, and an extra special thanks to my unsung hero of the weekend Chris Manning - Cox. :wink:

I would whole heartedly recommend this establishment to anyone out there who is considering any form of training that they offer, you wont regret it.

Keep up the fantastic work all of you. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Belated congratulations (been away for a few days) and many thanks for the write up. All the best for the future, Pete :laughing: :laughing: