Thanks for your help!

Evening gents,
Just thought i’d post a quick thank you to a couple of Innov@te drivers who helped me reverse onto some bays. :blush: I’ve just past my C+E test and finding the reversing side of things a bit hard :confused: . The first thank you is to the driver who assisted me onto the bays at Tranfield Foods Hull on Tuesday afternoon, I don’t think i could of done it without your assistance! :open_mouth: The second thank you is to the driver at COOP Hales Owen on Wednesday afternoon. I was making a bit of a pigs ear of things as i’ve never done blind-side reversing before :blush:
I really do appreciate your help and that you can also find time to help us new drivers even when you have your own work to do! :smiley:
Cheers Smokinbarrels :smiley:

Nice to here there are others out there that dont just sit in the cab pretending they havent seen you
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

smokinbarrels:
Evening gents,
Just thought i’d post a quick thank you to a couple of Innov@te drivers who helped me reverse onto some bays. :blush: I’ve just past my C+E test and finding the reversing side of things a bit hard :confused: . The first thank you is to the driver who assisted me onto the bays at Tranfield Foods Hull on Tuesday afternoon, I don’t think i could of done it without your assistance! :open_mouth: The second thank you is to the driver at COOP Hales Owen on Wednesday afternoon. I was making a bit of a pigs ear of things as i’ve never done blind-side reversing before :blush:
I really do appreciate your help and that you can also find time to help us new drivers even when you have your own work to do! :smiley:
Cheers Smokinbarrels :smiley:

Sure hope your avatar isn’t a a knock at london youth crime :smiley:

everyone ■■■■■ up in the begining. and are still very capable of cocking up many years later.
every driver i know would help and advise you. we can all remember what it was like. :wink:

I still make ■■■■ ups after 12 years with a class 1 licence. :blush:

Ken.

Quinny:
I still make ■■■■ ups after 12 years with a class 1 licence. :blush:

Ken.

I’ve got 23 years under mine, and still appreciate a helping hand when it’s offered. Can’t stand smug gits who laugh at those who were in the same situation, not long ago :imp:

smokinbarrels:
The second thank you is to the driver at COOP Hales Owen on Wednesday afternoon. I was making a bit of a pigs ear of things as i’ve never done blind-side reversing before :blush:

If it is the same as when I used to go there you need all the help you can get :imp:

That place was definitely designed by someone who, try as the might, could not pass their class 1 :laughing:

As said above, don’t matter how many years you got, it is still easy to make a dogs dinner of it. :blush: :smiley:

in my experience if i’ve ever needed help reversing it’s always been offered or given if i’ve asked.
Don’t criticise drivers who sit in thier cabs watching you struggle, they maybe like me only 4 months c+e and not yet confident enough to offer advice.

Mr B:
in my experience if i’ve ever needed help reversing it’s always been offered or given if i’ve asked.
Don’t criticise drivers who sit in thier cabs watching you struggle, they maybe like me only 4 months c+e and not yet confident enough to offer advice.

In that case just ask if you can help them or stand so that you can see the driver and he can see you, even as an extra pair of eyes. You may learn from it as well as helping a driver.

Wheel Nut:
In that case just ask if you can help them or stand so that you can see the driver and he can see you, even as an extra pair of eyes. You may learn from it as well as helping a driver.

You’re 100% right and that’s what i’d do. On thursday i helped a new driver get on a bay at ciba in paisley.
there’s not many drivers that would laugh at somebody struggling was the point i was making

I’ve had my class 1 ticket about a month now, I’ll watch someone back if asked, but I don’t feel up to helping much more than that. And I don’t usually laugh at people cocking it up, it’s normally a wince of pain, as I know exactly what kind of trouble they’re in, and they’ll need someone who has a clue to help them out of it.

I generally work on stop, calm down, take another long look at the situation, plan it out and have another go when you’re calmer. Taking 20 seconds out for a swig of coke won’t hurt if you’ve not hit anything.

Everyone ■■■■■ up at some point and it is great when offered assistance. I had to pick a curtainsider up the other week (normally car transporter) and didn’t know how to open the curtain. Asked the guy next to me at Wetherby lorry park and he showed me, thanks for that. Never be afraid to ask.

am only 22 had my c+e jus over 7 months and i honstly can say i am better at most drivers in r yard at puttin th trailer were it needs to b i have been drivin an artic since i was 17 not on the road like jus around the yard so thats were i have got my practice blind side aswell, my boss has been out on the road with me and reckons am 1 of the most comfortable drivers tha works for him an am a credit to myself (very proud moment 4 me) i was at a place a while bak and met up with my dad there (he works for p&o ferrymasters) and we was both loading on the same bay 1 after each other and who got on that bay 1st go?? ME! the look on my dads face was brilliant and he still says he has done more mileage in reverse hahaha im lookin forward to many more years of drivin in my newly given topline :sunglasses: but as always there wil always be my time to ■■■■ up and have to ask some 1

Afternoon Gents,
Thanks for the helpfull posts, it really does help a new driver knowing that other people are/ have been in the same boat as me! :confused: I’m sure i’ll get better at the reversing game as time goes bye :confused:
If you come across a driver making a total mess of things…its probably me! :blush:
Regards Smokinbarrels :smiley:

When i 1st passed a driver told me "one day it will just click " and it will but even now after 25 years i still ■■■■ up end i am perfect :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Smokinbarrels you said the 3 dreaded words… “Blind side reversing”. We all hate it! I still can’t do it after 20 years trying, I can never judge it right. Every year they add a mirror to my truck like another elephant’s ear, just one to help blind side reversing will be fine thanks!!
I always help other drivers when needed and I have never had a driver refuse me when I have asked for assistance.

Mikejk:

Sure hope your avatar isn’t a a knock at london youth crime :smiley:

The Chimp would need a knife, not a gun for that! Another tragic death reported today…WTF is going on down there■■?

Anyway…glad you’re getting there with reversing. It took me a while after passing the test, but one day it all just seemed to click into place.