thanks for the tunes......

I know its not truck related but… RIP David Bowie.
Grew up on his music, hated it at the time but for the last 10 years found myself singing along when his tracks are on radio 2.

Can’t see what all the fuss is about TBH…he was a talented musician,no doubt.
He made a load of dosh,doing something he enjoyed,had a good life…then died :unamused:
I’ll probably just do the last bit :confused:

A music legend no doubt and made some great records, but I personally don’t get the outpouring of grief from people over a popstar they have never met? It’s almost on Princess Diana proportions & I didn’t get that either.

All this “he influenced my life” sort of stuff from Joe Public goes completely over my head. Do people really read that much into what a popstar is wearing and singing in his tunes? Obviously people do but it’s all a bit odd to me to be that emotionally attached to a celebrity.

It would be the same among the trucking fraternity if we were to lose one of our greats,you know someone like Mark Dixon,a true hero among truckers and a great influence to so many :wink: :wink:

Take a few minutes out and Google “Chris Hadfield - Space Oddity”. It’s not quite as Bowie wrote it, but appropriate.

German gov say Bowie helped in pulling wall down sort of hero in Germany?

wee gordy:

So is Hasselhoff

PaulNowak:

wee gordy:

So is Hasselhoff

your right I forgot bout him

And they used to like Hitler, so not really great judges of character by that law of averages.

All the furore surrounding celebrity deaths has more to do with people feeling like they have lost a part of their lives and reminds them of their own mortality. Musicians more so due to the emotional attachment a lot of people have with music. Music reminds us of the good old times and when that musics creator dies, we mourn those long gone days.

RIP Bowie, you were an exceptional talent.