Thanks alot.

For the Hamper ,the wine ,the turkey. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and don,t forget the free bar at the local pub.

None of which i received from the zb company i work for…zbing zb ers :unamused:

I,m not holding my breath for a payrise in 2016 either.

Companys these days just don,t want to spend,for gods sakes i,m buying my own gloves now for work.

Just waiting now for “can you help me out”…phone call on my days off.
No chance :open_mouth:

maestegboy:
For the Hamper ,the wine ,the turkey. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and don,t forget the free bar at the local pub.

Companys these days just don,t want to spend,for gods sakes i,m buying my own gloves now for work.

You by any chance drive for that blue brigade out of Port Talbot :question:

I’ve got a spare pair that I could let you have :wink: :wink:
google.co.uk/search?q=worn+ … PL1j6aA%3D

Happy new year :sunglasses:

You get paid don’t you

Perhaps the Company is not in a financial position to give you what you expected them to give you
Never expect anything,as long as you get what your entitled to ie wages and holiday pay, if you do get something extra its a bonus and you will feel appreciated.

Don`t think from the last replies, your getting the response you was expecting.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

You should be happy that your taxes are helping out the less fortunate.

Bathe in the warmth of giving, whilst you drive past all the council estates.

#1stworldproblems

nick2008:
You get paid don’t you

Exactly what a boss told us many few years ago, “I don’t get a bonus so why should you get one?”. I used to get something extra at Christmas from my last gaffer, a hamper usually but I was the only employee, all the large firms I worked for before then gave nothing apart from Tilcon who if I remember correctly gave us a safe driving bonus at Christmas which was about £20 less tax?

Pete.

We got £100 extra in our Christmas pay but we never had a night out this year. Instead, the money the gaffers would have put towards our meal and drinks etc are getting put towards a charity night at the end of January for one of our planners who got diagnosed with Motor Neurones Disease a few months back. One of those things that puts things into perspective.

FERK!! you don’t expect much do you OP :open_mouth:

Big company = sod all, small family company - maybe a card.

I don’t quite get the worry about Christmas boxes/turkeys nor free bars at the pub.
At the most it would cost, what?, a couple of hundred pounds for each employee for the company to provide those things, which not everybody seeks.

Personally i’m happy be earning an extra £10k or more over the year and receive no cheap bungs but have a good well paid job where i’m respected and treated well for the whole year, and for which i’ve provided reliable good quality work, i’m richer, hopefully done my bit to keep the job going, we’ve all satisfied our customers (who pay all our wages), and the company haven’t wasted insignificant amounts on things many of their staff (me especially) wouldn’t want anyway, win win all round.

maestegboy:

Sorry to hear that.
I worked for a Company where we got all you missed,but then, Now we log on a regular Basis in the Health Forum in,to complain about our Misery. I havent seen you there yet.
Perhaps you shall be happy about that.
Happy New Year

maestegboy:

I’m with you mate, I also work for a bunch of greedy ■■■■ ers :smiling_imp: They just don’t get the fact that ‘You reap what you sow’ I am completely mercenary towards my lot, no loyalty whatsoever. Not just for the Xmas thing either, more because of the cynical way we drivers are looked upon throughout the year, the branch I work for are not bad, it’s the tossers at the head depot who make all the rules and send us the beligerant memos.who set the mood.
I stay there as it’s handy, easy, and I am left alone.
Can’t say the same for most of the rest who just ■■■■ it up.

A firm I worked for one year took us all for a lad’s night in Blackpool, hotel and meal. We all would do anything to help them out over the year…and did

Goes to prove what treatment is productive, and what treatment is counter productive :bulb:

:smiley: :smiley: Well… You always know when you work for a good boss… he’ll be the first to tell ya how well the company’s not doing financially… but you’ll never see his garage door open :smiley:

damoq:
We got £100 extra in our Christmas pay but we never had a night out this year. Instead, the money the gaffers would have put towards our meal and drinks etc are getting put towards a charity night at the end of January for one of our planners who got diagnosed with Motor Neurones Disease a few months back. One of those things that puts things into perspective.

I’d be happy to forego a bonus for this, to help a work colleague/friend in bad times.
My last firm (family run couriers) gave us around£100 Xmas bonus before recession took hold, then he dropped it to £50, understandable and great fully received.
Company I am with now, (again family run) gave me a £200 bonus (Xmas 2013) having only started in September of that year, wasn’t expecting a penny to be honest.
Xmas last year I think I got around £400, from January 2015 bonuses instead of being paid yearly at Xmas, are linked to profits and paid quarterly, so although no extra wedge in Decembers pay, any bonus will be payed in January.

I got a 12 pack of Stellar from the office ravel and a giftcard in the post.

M

My firm( sponsor hint) do things different. In another depot they reward drivers with a double pay and 2 crates of alcohol and we get a Sunday pay rate

Juddian:
I don’t quite get the worry about Christmas boxes/turkeys nor free bars at the pub.

It probably goes hand in hand with those who get pimped up bling trucks to drive and paid peanut wages. :unamused:

maestegboy:

Your buying your own gloves for work?
Why?..
All PPE has to be provided by the employer!
Your helping your Employer out right there.