Thank you

Just want to say thank you to the drivers and flt drivers that helped me out with that curtain side container in hull today. What a pain in the ■■■ it was. So if your reading this thanks again [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that it, what about the rest, what was wrong, why was it wrong, what did you do, what did they do, no pictures, no explanation, I have already asked more than you said, we want more especially if a forkie was involved, that did not just shrug and wander off for a brew, (other forkies are available) the anticipation of a good story with a good ending was all there and it became a non event.

I’d guess he was struggling with a curtain due to high winds, there’s certainly a knack to it. He’ll earn his stripes especially when he gets knocked unconscious by a curtain pole flapping around

Curtainside container?

Sure it wasn’t a curtainside 45ft box container dual compartment fridge flatbed 60ft extender trailer with lowloader capability? :wink:

Sure I missed a load of trailer types, but I’m guessing you’re dealing with curtains in the lashing rain and howling gales…and trying not to end up flying away like Wizard of Oz?

Whoever invented curtainsiders, I hope they are plauged by scarab beatles for all eternity as they never considered this kindof weather!

As for the forkies and drivers, ssshh, both have got a rep to protect as horrible kitten & nun flattening oagers who have the hygiene level of Shrek and grunt at every question. :smiling_imp:

peirre:
I’d guess he was struggling with a curtain due to high winds, there’s certainly a knack to it. He’ll earn his stripes especially when he gets knocked unconscious by a curtain pole flapping around

Or losing front teeth with a buckle blowing around.
I always keep my gob tightly shut, when curtains are blowing about in the wind, as a thick lip is marginally less painless.

Would agree theres a knack, usually stand back and wait for the wind to due down. Other trick is work out which side is getting blown inwards and fasten that before the other side.

There has to be a way to do auto curtains which shut themselves like auto sheets on tippers by running on a track? Would avoid all those problems with buckles and poles trying to wack you, especially when you turn your back on them for a second.

Double decker ones are even worse. Avoid curtains, go fridges.

Bit like this

Yeah a 45ft curtain sided container… aswell as the curtain and pole blowing all over the place then there was the roof supports wouldn’t lock in properly. Curtain getting stuck but nothing a crowbar in the sliders wouldn’t sort out. Then there was the side panels thing that wouldnt lock in properly due to the roof support things being ■■■■■■. (They are panels along side the container that fold up and lock onto the roof supports) bucklels?? Nah more like threading a tor rope thing that went though the curtains. Rachets rusted pole rusted and stuck god i could go on. Give me a ■■■■■■■ tautliner

just alot more rusted

Im certain it was loaded then sat in a yard for a couple of year before been shipped

Im certain it was loaded then sat in a yard for a couple of year before been shipped

Screenshot (170).png

Southfields Coachbuilders used to do a curtain with a bottom track and tensioned at each end by this mechanism.

I had this set up on my motor, sorry cant find any pictures of the actual set up.

robroy:
Or losing front teeth with a buckle blowing around.
I always keep my gob tightly shut, when curtains are blowing about in the wind, as a thick lip is marginally less painless.

Or a smack round the back of the head with the pole… :unamused: :blush: :laughing: