Thank You! I passed!

Just a quick message to say thank you for all the invaluable help on this forum. I passed my Direct C+E today with only a handful of minor faults. Any advice now on finding work that doesn’t involve a lot of hand-balling in Scotland’s central belt would be much appreciated!

Also a huge thanks to my instructor Ally from Nithcree training - highly recommend for anyone looking for a training provider in Scotland.

See you all on the road!

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Congratulations, how did you find going straight to CE

Stuart1:

Thanks! It was a fun experience - if a little daunting at first! I had 36 hours of 1:1, all of which was in an artic. I was expecting to maybe start on a rigid first and move onto an artic - but apparently it is debatable whether or not that is beneficial. What it means of course is that I’ve still never actually driven a rigid, despite now having a licence to - so I have no idea what the differences will be really.

It was fairly intense, and there’s lots of things to think about all at once, that might perhaps be eased if I’d done Class 2 first before moving onto Class 1, but once I’d been out on the road a couple of times and proved that I actually could do it it was fine!

Congratulations

Congratulations, but having passed last week I could do without the competition for a new job

Well done mate, hope you get a neat job!! Congratulations :sunglasses:

ScottishDriver89:

Stuart1:

Thanks! It was a fun experience - if a little daunting at first! I had 36 hours of 1:1, all of which was in an artic. I was expecting to maybe start on a rigid first and move onto an artic - but apparently it is debatable whether or not that is beneficial. What it means of course is that I’ve still never actually driven a rigid, despite now having a licence to - so I have no idea what the differences will be really.

It was fairly intense, and there’s lots of things to think about all at once, that might perhaps be eased if I’d done Class 2 first before moving onto Class 1, but once I’d been out on the road a couple of times and proved that I actually could do it it was fine!

I passed mine a few weeks ago and they put me in a rigid for a couple of days first. It was an eye opener when it came to the artic. The rigid is much much harder to turn and drives like a totally different vehicle. Keeping it off the kerbs is much easier in an artic.