Thamesport

maritime seem to be recruiting everywhere other than thamesport any thoughts why ?

No vacancies?

pete-b:
No vacancies?

maybe but seems strange every other depot recruiting

Lack of work out of the dock? Can see that place shutting down in the not to distant future!

weeto:
Lack of work out of the dock? Can see that place shutting down in the not to distant future!

i was thinking the same maybe thames gateway will effect themesport

bjd:

weeto:

i was thinking the same maybe thames gateway will effect themesport

I think the re opening of langaurd terminal at Felixstowe has already affected it.

They reckon Gateway will knock Felsto for six let alone Thamesport. Going to be quite a lot bigger than Flx. Let’s hope it’s more efficient…

anyone who has been on the grain will know its looks deserted although mcandrews have moved onto there from tilbry for a trail if that works out maybe work will pick up for them i aint ben down there for a few week myself

the last time i was in there the lad opperating the crane thought they would not be there for much longer and he had started to search for other work

tubby:
the last time i was in there the lad opperating the crane thought they would not be there for much longer and he had started to search for other work

you mean the crane worked all they ever do is breakdown when im there with my box on :imp:

FLIP:
They reckon Gateway will knock Felsto for six let alone Thamesport. Going to be quite a lot bigger than Flx. Let’s hope it’s more efficient…

The port it’s self may be efficient, but the access to it will let it down!
Think I would prefer to carry on working out of Felixstowe :open_mouth: