TFR

The last few drums of TFR I’ve tried have been absolutely useless. Just wondered which TFR everyone else swears by and where I can get it from. Cheers.

autosmart.co.uk/Truck%20Clea … icals.html

send your enquiry here, autosmart.co.uk/Sales%20Enquiries.html your local rep / franchisee, will call round to your yard, all products are kept in their mobile showroom, i.e ( 7.5ton truck )

As a Former professional detailer and valeter i can recommend their gear, all products will be demonstrated if you ask nicely . :wink:

Hiya try Broxgrove detergents from Middlewich. the product is Fleet clean 2…its the best.
John

we use stuff called snow storm works brilliantly, don’t know where they get it from though :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

roadrunner:
http://www.autosmart.co.uk/Truck%20Cleaning%20Chemicals.html

send your enquiry here, autosmart.co.uk/Sales%20Enquiries.html your local rep / franchisee, will call round to your yard, all products are kept in their mobile showroom, i.e ( 7.5ton truck )

As a Former professional detailer and valeter i can recommend their gear, all products will be demonstrated if you ask nicely . :wink:

everything autosmart do is excellent stuff and they do some pretty good deals on it as well. :wink:

Have to agree, Autosmart is the best I’ve used by far.

Some company’s buy Tfr in and dilute it in to more drums with there own label on ,you have check the ratio.

Aldi own brand washing up liquid.

I get Autosmart through a garage a mates at.

There’s an active ingredient in TFR, that also happens to be in Cillit Bang.

I’m sorry if I’m interrupting some kind of Autosmart guerilla marketing exercise, but Autosmart don’t actually make or supply the best TFR on the market.

If you can find out what this ingredient is, all you have to do is make sure your TFR of choice includes it, then you need to make sure that you are using it correctly, because 99% of hot water pressure washers with a supply of TFR aren’t actually being used correctly ?

TNUK seems to be suddenly populated with experts on Autosmart products. Can one of them please ID the active ingredient & give us a clue as to how it should be used?

Close contact to this product ages you rapidly, look at poor Jennychem.

Chas:
There’s an active ingredient in TFR, that also happens to be in Cillit Bang.

I’m sorry if I’m interrupting some kind of Autosmart guerilla marketing exercise, but Autosmart don’t actually make or supply the best TFR on the market.

If you can find out what this ingredient is, all you have to do is make sure your TFR of choice includes it, then you need to make sure that you are using it correctly, because 99% of hot water pressure washers with a supply of TFR aren’t actually being used correctly ?

TNUK seems to be suddenly populated with experts on Autosmart products. Can one of them please ID the active ingredient & give us a clue as to how it should be used?

No expert, just used the products for 10 years and speak as i find.

Active XLS data sheet for your perusal.

autosmart.co.uk/images/PDF%2 … %20GBR.pdf

The chemists constantly reformulate all their products.

I have used autosmart products for the past 10 years and would recommend them.

I have just replied to a post in the operators forum asking about a TFR that doesn’t streak alloys.

The main active ingredient in TFR is Sodium Hydroxide, a strong alkaline which removed grease, oil, traffic film etc. very well, but is not very good for the paintwork. Even 2 pack paintwork will fade over time with too much sodium hydroxide. It also makes the white streaky marks on polished alloy surfaces such as wheels, fuel tanks etc.

Cheap TFR contains a lot of sodium hydroxide, and possibly other harsh alkalines, but not many detergents. It cleans, but it will also wipe the colour and shine from your paintwork.
More expensive TFR’s will still contain small amounts of alkalines, but will have much more detergents in them that will clean without harming the surface you are cleaning.

For a good performing all round cleaner that will clean the underside of a chassis for test but will not harm your paint on the cab I use autosmart hazsafe. Although it is an alkaline cleaner, it does not contain hazardous ingredients (like sodium hydroxide), so you do not need a COSHH assessment, and it also does not streak aluminium surfaces.

I’m not saying autosmart is the best, but I have used their products for quite some time and have never had any problems.