Texting while driving

today jct7 m5 abot 11,30 nthbound following a artic milk tanker, well known firm black and white , he starts slowing down and then speeding up (i’me on the cruise control so i had to lift my foot and put it on the brake, :unamused: :unamused: )eventually pull out to pass get along side and he is holding his phone on top of the steering wheel and i assume texting somebody :unamused: :unamused: dread to think if antyhing happened in front of him, with his attention on the phone,VERY PROFESSIONAL DRIVING :imp: :imp:

at least i have the phone under the line of sight when i text… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ohterry555:
at least i have the phone under the line of sight when i text… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ditto on that one terry :laughing: :laughing:

simon

This story always sticks in my mind…

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1166267.stm

the guy should be made to wear a condom on his head.
at least that way he would be practising safe text :wink:

i know terrible, just cant help it :smiley:

and don’t forget what happened to poor jamie from eastenders a couple of xmasses ago! :smiley:

Correct me if I’m wrong,but don’t said company have How’s my driving type logo’s on the rear of their vehicles,and a number for their head orifice in Jockland?

Presumably it’s the same black and white milk company at Normanton,and I know they do.

A thought for the future.

Ken.

Quinny:
Correct me if I’m wrong,but don’t said company have How’s my driving type logo’s on the rear of their vehicles,and a number for their head orifice in Jockland?

Presumably it’s the same black and white milk company at Normanton,and I know they do.

A thought for the future.

Ken.

Stuff that, I’m sorry if I’m thought of as letting the side down by reporting a fellow HGV driver but I would & once or twice have called the boys in blue.
Last time was about 6 months ago & it was a van driver who was texting & eating an apple at the same time, zb knows how he didn’t kill himself let alone anyone else.
I could not call safely at the time so phoned the police later from home,they actually called me back to say they had phoned his company & informed them their vehicles were now under close watch as a result.

I can’t text when I am standing still, gawd knows how anyone can do it when they are driving! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well, being the safe and courteous motorcyclist that I am, I try and stick to the speed limits as much as possible… so one sunny day, there I was goin up the A406 past Barking… when a Police Van in front starts to weave between lanes one and two… okay, so I was doing about 10 mph over the limit, and slowed down as I past him… Only to look in the window and see this copper texting on his fone whist driving a fully marked van… Now doing the same speed… he look up and across at me, looking back at him… he went red, and I just made a particular hand gester… opened it up and gave him ‘the bird’… Wonder why he didnt give chase… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

TC:
I can’t text when I am standing still, gawd knows how anyone can do it when they are driving! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rumble strips between lanes 1 & 2 would make driving so much safer!

:laughing: :laughing: yeah would wake me up before i went onto the hard shoulder :laughing: :laughing:

I have to put on my glasses to see what I am texting, but I can’t see the road with them on.(need them for reading not for driving) So there’s no way I can text on the move :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mezzzz1211:
:lol: :laughing: yeah would wake me up before i went onto the hard shoulder :laughing: :laughing:

UMM Mezzz i think you,ll find there are rumble strips between lane 1 and the hard shoulder…

Major re-think, we won’t need more rumble strips unless Highways fix the tramlines. Some of them are so bad its getting dangerous boiling the kettle!

i have to admit i’m still guilty of this one, only occasionally but it’s still not on - there are some pretty flipant posts about this consdering the BBC story which was linked to above though, sort of makes you think about the issue (if you’ve 2 grey cells to rub together that is?) :confused:

AndyM:
Well, being the safe and courteous motorcyclist that I am, I try and stick to the speed limits as much as possible… so one sunny day, there I was goin up the A406 past Barking… when a Police Van in front starts to weave between lanes one and two… okay, so I was doing about 10 mph over the limit, and slowed down as I past him… Only to look in the window and see this copper texting on his fone whist driving a fully marked van… Now doing the same speed… he look up and across at me, looking back at him… he went red, and I just made a particular hand gester… opened it up and gave him ‘the bird’… Wonder why he didnt give chase… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Very similar thing happened to me on the A12 a few months ago. Slow moving on the triple track north of Chelmsford, looked in the panda drawing slowly along side of me, to see the copper texting, when we got up to the bottle neck it was a “fender bender”, I wondered if they had been texting to :unamused: