Texting lorry driver jailed after crashing into van on A27

This is why the general public perceive us to be like all the time with these images of throwing rubbish out the window, he didn’t even check his mirror and a motorcycle rider could have had the banana peel on his visor and crash .
What’s that all that about seeing a police car and is so busy texting and doesn’t clip the belt in properly ?
He is one of those that I hope goes flying through the windscreen and suffer life long injuries or paralysed.
A 57 month driving ban when out of prison, should not be allowed to drive a wheel barrow.

Tarmaceater:
What’s that all that about seeing a police car and is so busy texting and doesn’t clip the belt in properly ?

He used…

A dummy seat belt clip to stop the seat belt alarm from going off. When he spotted plod, he took the clip out and put the seat belt on properly. He later takes the seat belt off and puts the dummy clip back in.

He is the dummy now banged up .

yourhavingalarf:

Tarmaceater:

He used…

A dummy seat belt clip to stop the seat belt alarm from going off. When he spotted plod, he took the clip out and put the seat belt on properly. He later takes the seat belt off and puts the dummy clip back in.

Why tf would he do that?
Just put the ■■■■ belt on ! :unamused:

Tarmaceater:
This is why the general public perceive us to be like all the time with these images of throwing rubbish out the window, he didn’t even check his mirror and a motorcycle rider could have had the banana peel on his visor .

I usually try and aim for that!

Where do you get those dummy seat belt clips? They sound neat.

Fully deserved! what a ■■■■ womble.

Although it is not illegal to eat or drink behind the wheel, it can be used to do you for Careless Driving or DWDC. It is illegal to text and drive without a seatbelt and this bloke was rightly caught.

He should have been jailed for chucking the banana skin out of the window.

dozy:
If there classing taking your hands off the wheel to eat as dangerous driving there really with be a driver shortage

They aren’t.

They are classing using your elbows to steer whilst eating as dangerous.

However, if you eat and steer with one hand and it causes you to make a mistake, it may constitute either careless or dangerous driving…in the same way adjusting the radio volume may result in an offence.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

robroy:

Monsterbrown:
Another great ambassador for his trade.

For those who are anti camera, you might ponder why companies put them in. To catch drivers out? I don’t think so - if they were that interested they wouldn’t employ muppets like this guy.

No the reason for cameras is that they save money for the company. Typical scenario - car driver says lorry drove into me, I want a million pounds. Video shows car drove into lorry, case closed.

And that’s on average, including the knob gobblers such as we are discussing. If you’re the type of driver who generally is doing the right thing the camera is far more likely to save your reputation than the reverse.

Event triggered cameras are the way to go, if used sensibly. I dare say this guy had near misses before which could have been picked up - it’s a disgrace that these prats get away with it.

Ok so you’ve swallowed and regurgitated all the official line rhetoric ■■■■■■■■ dished out by all companies to try and sell this affront and insult to a ‘proper’ drivers professionalism.
You missed the main bit out, the usual chestnut mantra of the convinced, the servile, the gullible the naive and the brainwashed…
That is…
‘‘If you are doing nothing wrong, you’ve nothing to worry about’’. :unamused:

For every ONE knobhead banged to rights like this one , where these cameras are ‘‘justified’’ there are hundreds being generally snooped on and reprimanded for minor issues.
Do you work in a transport office by any chance?

Never worked in a transport office but I’ve spent enough time in them to know the idea that folks that do work there sit around all day watching video, hoping to catch you spanking the Bishop in a layby, is utter nonsense. They have no more time to do that than you have time to go through their PODs to check they are filled properly. Give me strength.

I’ve never known a company go looking for excuses to discipline drivers who are just doing their job - why would they?

Monsterbrown:

robroy:

Monsterbrown:

For those who are anti camera, you might ponder why companies put them in. To catch drivers out? I don’t think so - if they were that interested they wouldn’t employ muppets like this guy.

No the reason for cameras is that they save money for the company. Typical scenario - car driver says lorry drove into me, I want a million pounds. Video shows car drove into lorry, case closed.

And that’s on average, including the knob gobblers such as we are discussing. If you’re the type of driver who generally is doing the right thing the camera is far more likely to save your reputation than the reverse.

Event triggered cameras are the way to go, if used sensibly. I dare say this guy had near misses before which could have been picked up - it’s a disgrace that these prats get away with it.

Ok so you’ve swallowed and regurgitated all the official line rhetoric ■■■■■■■■ dished out by all companies to try and sell this affront and insult to a ‘proper’ drivers professionalism.
You missed the main bit out, the usual chestnut mantra of the convinced, the servile, the gullible the naive and the brainwashed…
That is…

For every ONE knobhead banged to rights like this one , where these cameras are ‘‘justified’’ there are hundreds being generally snooped on and reprimanded for minor issues.

Never worked in a transport office but I’ve spent enough time in them to know the idea that folks that do work there sit around all day watching video, hoping to catch you spanking the Bishop in a layby, is utter nonsense. They have no more time to do that than you have time to go through their PODs to check they are filled properly. Give me strength.

I’ve never known a company go looking for excuses to discipline drivers who are just doing their job - why would they?

Ain’t got a clue tbh mate. :neutral_face:
You’re arguing with yourself, I never said they would be watching you 24 hours, neither did I say they looked for excuses … :
:neutral_face:

Hang on a minute…
Give me strength’

(Btw…'Spanking it off in a lay by? That is obviously on your mind more than mine,.as I never mentioned that either, I was referring to less strenuous activities such as sipping a coffee)
Anyhoo, you speak for yourself bud,.I ain’t judging you. :neutral_face: )

The fact that they put these affront to a drivers professionalism is quite enough, but if you’re happy with being snooped on and POTENTIALLY watched all day by some snotty little 2hat in an office with nowt else to do, you crack on.
I ain’t.

robroy:

Monsterbrown:

robroy:

Monsterbrown:

That is…

Ain’t got a clue tbh mate. :neutral_face:
You’re arguing with yourself, I never said they would be watching you 24 hours, neither did I say they looked for excuses … :
:neutral_face:

Hang on a minute…
Give me strength’

(Btw…'Spanking it off in a lay by? That is obviously on your mind more than mine,.as I never mentioned that either, I was referring to less strenuous activities such as sipping a coffee)
Anyhoo, you speak for yourself bud,.I ain’t judging you. :neutral_face: )

The fact that they put these affront to a drivers professionalism is quite enough, but if you’re happy with being snooped on and POTENTIALLY watched all day by some snotty little 2hat in an office with nowt else to do, you crack on.
I ain’t.

But they ain’t watching you, that’s my point. And I’m just trying to guess what it is you’re so worried about them seeing. Not judging you either :wink:

You just don’t get it do you.
I ain’t ‘worried’ in the slightest about any thing I do or don’t do in the cab, it ain’t the point.
I just do not want a constant surveillance type camera in my cab, as I said it’s a ■■■■ insult,.a liberty and a ■■■■ take.
I was totally against those ■■■■ incident 7 secs either way things our lot fitted,. they were/are bad enough.
We could have all stood our ground and said NO, as a well known North East firm’s drivers did and succeeded, …a handful of us tried, but the majority were like you,.so we put up with them, (lthough my driver facing part of it is strategically covered.)

You obviously subscribe to the ‘‘If you’re doing nothing wrong, you’ve nothing to worry about’’ , where as I have a bit of self pride so basically we are poles apart, so nothing will ever be achieved by this discussion.

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:
Along with…

Tomasz Kroker, this idiot will be the reason in-cab driver facing cameras become law.

I weep for the future.

But isn’t this just driving like the good old days like many bang on about wanting the job to go back to? Maybe those good old days weren’t actually all that good at all.

If you haven’t experienced it, the good old days then why would you comment on it
At the moment you are doing 55 to 60 hours a week for your easy money so your no different to any one else working a week and a half for a weeks wages

robroy:
You just don’t get it do you.
I ain’t ‘worried’ in the slightest about any thing I do or don’t do in the cab, it ain’t the point.
I just do not want a constant surveillance type camera in my cab, as I said it’s a [zb] insult,.a liberty and a ■■■■ take.
I was totally against those [zb] incident 7 secs either way things our lot fitted,. they were/are bad enough.
We could have all stood our ground and said NO, as a well known North East firm’s drivers did and succeeded, …a handful of us tried, but the majority were like you,.so we put up with them, (lthough my driver facing part of it is strategically covered.)

You obviously subscribe to the ‘‘If you’re doing nothing wrong, you’ve nothing to worry about’’ , where as I have a bit of self pride so basically we are poles apart, so nothing will ever be achieved by this discussion.

I have pride too. In not being one of those needing remedial training for repeatedly cornering on 2 wheels while looking at a phone…

Looks like we’ve something in common after all then.

Any driver who drives a truck with an in cab camera does not have any respect for themselves it’s either that or they are just thankful to have a job and can’t get one elsewhere
It’s the lowest of lowest, it’s worse than having a camera in a public toilet, I could live with that
All this ■■■■ about it’s for safety and your benefit is a load of ■■■■, if that’s the case put them all around the whole truck
It’s to watch you, we all text, we all use the phone, we all eat, we all drink water, we all pick our nose, we all scratch our arse,
It’s for there benefit no one’s else, so unless you got a big increase or a yearly bonus or a big huge lump sum,
You are under the tum and always will be, and don’t get me wrong the business needs people like you to fill positions that are hard to fill because no descent respectable person would put up with it

Bigtruck3:
Any driver who drives a truck with an in cab camera does not have any respect for themselves it’s either that or they are just thankful to have a job and can’t get one elsewhere
It’s the lowest of lowest, it’s worse than having a camera in a public toilet, I could live with that
All this [zb] about it’s for safety and your benefit is a load of [zb], if that’s the case put them all around the whole truck
It’s to watch you, we all text, we all use the phone, we all eat, we all drink water, we all pick our nose, we all scratch our arse,
It’s for there benefit no one’s else, so unless you got a big increase or a yearly bonus or a big huge lump sum,
You are under the tum and always will be, and don’t get me wrong the business needs people like you to fill positions that are hard to fill because no descent respectable person would put up with it

Not just me then.
Agree entirely, (although tbh I don’t txt, and my phone is on bluetooth, not that I’m any better than anybody else, just I don’t give the ■■■■ s (passing Police) any excuse to do me, and you have to watch for the low life self appointed Police types with their phones videoing you :imp: )
These guys make me laugh, they believe every ■■■■ thing they are fed by management, (who try to put a positive spin on something that is going to ■■■■ up your working day in some way or another) and go on to repeat it like parrots,.and the rest of us see right through it…■■■■ unreal. :laughing:

Should I remove that camera Ive installed in the office toilet then?

JeffA:
Should I remove that camera Ive installed in the office toilet then?

Not before you’ve retrieved all the footage from it.