Texting and driving

can’t beleive I’m the only the one who can change into full womans attire, apply make up, don wig and text the dork lard whilst doing 65 in the outside lane, all the time just 2 feet from the car ( containing children,grannies, aunties and hamsters) in front?

If you work for Taylors then driving whilst texting prospective, alternative employers must be second nature.

You don’t strike me as Polish?

I thought all of Taylors ‘good lads’ jumped ship when they imported the Polish drivers?

Seeing as my company name has been mentioned a couple of times, I thought it would be best to set the record straight for anybody that is too thick to realise this entire thread is a joke (I’m looking at you rocky 7 and I should probably also include ady1).

The use of hand held mobile phones whilst driving is highly dangerous and illegal. Neither myself nor Taylor’s condone such activity. I am a so-called professional driver and concentrate 100% on driving 100% of the time.

In light of the recent tragedy I thought I should make things clear. RIP Jimmy Saville.

I would also like to say to all the Taylor’s haters out there (and I’m going to shout this bit so if you have sensitive ears you may want to look away now) -

TAYLOR’S ARE THE BEST TRANSPORT COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR, EVER.

Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for listening. I’ve been SmashedCrabFace, I’m here all week.

i scoured the internet looking for spy specs for you and your telling me its all a JOKE!, ffs some people just like to waste my valuable time :smiley: :smiley:

SmashedCrabFace:
I thought it would be best to set the record straight for anybody that is too thick to realise

There is enough serious stuff going on to keep everyone busy.
Good for you for giving some of us a chance to be even more silly than
usual.

Regards,
Nick

Sooo…

Why didn’t anyone think of the children? :laughing:

Sam Millar:
Sooo…
Why didn’t anyone think of the children? :laughing:

'Cos no one gives a flying ■■■■ about the children.

wirralpete:
i scoured the internet looking for spy specs for you and your telling me its all a JOKE!, ffs some people just like to waste my valuable time :smiley: :smiley:

When I’m driving a lorry, I’m strictly a so-called professional driver. However, your time was not wasted wirralpete. I have ordered some spy specs off of Ebay for when I’m driving my car at 130mph and sending dirty ■■■ threats to my girlfriend.

Pilots juggle many things all at once. Each one of which requires attention and yet they remain in control of their (rather lager and more powerful than a truck) aircraft. This is because they have a plan. They use a ‘T’ scan of the instruments and have a logical and incredibly well thought out procedure for everything they need to do. The secret is never let your attention be grabbed by any one thing for more than a fraction of a second.

Accidents occur when texting/phoning/watching TV/making a brew/ because the drivers’ attention is off the road for too long and BANG!

The difference is drivers are not taught and trained how to ‘multi task’ in this way, but pilots are.

Still safer not to do it though… :smiley:

Truckulent:
Pilots juggle many things all at once. Each one of which requires attention and yet they remain in control of their (rather lager and more powerful than a truck) aircraft. This is because they have a plan. They use a ‘T’ scan of the instruments and have a logical and incredibly well thought out procedure for everything they need to do. The secret is never let your attention be grabbed by any one thing for more than a fraction of a second.

Accidents occur when texting/phoning/watching TV/making a brew/ because the drivers’ attention is off the road for too long and BANG!

The difference is drivers are not taught and trained how to ‘multi task’ in this way, but pilots are.

This is a little wrong. There’s always two pilots, the captain and the first officer, one will always fly the plane, ie: land and takeoff. Everything else therein is done by computers, once the plane gets above 1000ft (literally seconds) then it’s wacked on to autopilot and the rest is done for them while they monitor the instruments. As for landing, autopilot is left all the way down to about 1000ft again if on a clear day, and if it’s foggy then they have autoland. They also use what they call ILS which is instrument landing system, which means it guides and descends the plane to the runway for them.

What do I know? I only hold a private pilots license :smiley:

Sam Millar:

Truckulent:

This is a little wrong. There’s always two pilots, the captain and the first officer, one will always fly the plane, ie: land and takeoff. Everything else therein is done by computers, once the plane gets above 1000ft (literally seconds) then it’s wacked on to autopilot and the rest is done for them while they monitor the instruments. As for landing, autopilot is left all the way down to about 1000ft again if on a clear day, and if it’s foggy then they have autoland. They also use what they call ILS which is instrument landing system, which means it guides and descends the plane to the runway for them.

… and you want to be a lorry driver■■?

I would have thought pilots earn far more than lorry drivers. And for an easier time of it (as you have just pointed out) lol

dar1976:

Sam Millar:

Truckulent:

I would have thought pilots earn far more than lorry drivers. And for an easier time of it (as you have just pointed out) lol

To get from a private to commercial pilots licence costs an insane amount of money. I got half way to my private pilots licence before the money ran out. People think getting an HGV is expensive, you’d have to sell your house to get close to the amount of money you’d need to get a commercial licence.

I used to get paid to jump out of perfectly good planes does that count ■■ :smiley:

switchlogic:
To get from a private to commercial pilots licence costs an insane amount of money. I got half way to my private pilots licence before the money ran out.

I can just see you and Bertie in a small plane, Bertie wearing one of those Biggles style scarves complete with bullet holes.

switchlogic:

dar1976:

Sam Millar:

Truckulent:

To get from a private to commercial pilots licence costs an insane amount of money. I got half way to my private pilots licence before the money ran out. People think getting an HGV is expensive, you’d have to sell your house to get close to the amount of money you’d need to get a commercial licence.

Luke is right. I stated in my thread back in the Newbie driver forum that I wanted to be a pilot and a lorry driver, of course you can only be one (well actually, i know someone whom is both but he doesn’t fly airliners, he does fly commercially though). It’s a ridiculous amount of money to gain your CPL and even then you’re in the same boat with this industry, no experience, no job.

No doubt the cockpit of a 777, A380 or your 747s etc is the best office in the world by far, quite honestly I don’t think lorries come too far behind. But yes you’re right, the wage is a lot more, it’s rather irrelevant really when you enjoy the job.

switchlogic:

dar1976:

Sam Millar:

Truckulent:

Sorry but it’s not wrong. Both pilots must be capable of flying on their own in case the other is taken ill. And to gain the licence (i.e the CPL and Instrument Rating) you are on your own with an instructor. And as i recall, autopilot is not allowed, nor is GPS on the CPL… :smiley:

Despite what you say about the ILS you are not quite there. All you say is correct once qualified but what you failed to say is that to get in that seat you have to demonstrate that you can do it ALL manually. Or you wouldn’t be there in the first place. Planes have not always had automated systems either. Most pilots land the plane manually as the AP tends to ‘drop’ onto the runway rather than fly on to it. In bad fog they tend to divert rather than land although an experienced captain can land when the cloud base is down to a couple of hundred feet AGL.

And yes, I have a Private Pilot’s Licence too, and an IMC rating and a Night Rating…

Wages aren’t that good either unless your with BA or some other biggie.

With Easyjet the new first officer rate was 25K for instance a year or two back…

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:
To get from a private to commercial pilots licence costs an insane amount of money. I got half way to my private pilots licence before the money ran out.

I can just see you and Bertie in a small plane, Bertie wearing one of those Biggles style scarves complete with bullet holes.

That’s certainly conjured up an image that I can’t stop laughing about!

I plan to get my licence one day but it’ll be an intensive trip the the US and do it all in one go. I know this method does have its faults but I just can’t find the time or money to do it in the UK. I had so many lessons cancelled because of weather that by the time the next lesson came around I’d forgotten most of what I learnt on the last one.

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

That’s certainly conjured up an image that I can’t stop laughing about!

I plan to get my licence one day but it’ll be an intensive trip the the US and do it all in one go.

You do realise that is liable to get you on certain lists that may just curtail all flying for you? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

SmashedCrabFace:
Last night I saw a fellow so-called professional driver watching Eastenders as he drove through the fog on the M62. It took me fifteen minutes and about eighteen miles to overtake him so I got to watch half of it too, but without the sound.

It got me thinking. How do you stay in lane when your attention is on more important things like watching the telly or sending a text? Whenever I try and update my Facebook status, I end up drifting into the hard shoulder or into lane two. Sometimes a car will flash and beep at me and I lose concentration and have to start all over again.

Any advice?

it helps if you are boss eyed i find . you can keep an eye on both things then , by he way i aint watched eastenders for ages , got an update ?

THANKS …

Truckulent:

switchlogic:

dar1976:

Sam Millar:

Truckulent:

Sorry but it’s not wrong. Both pilots must be capable of flying on their own in case the other is taken ill. And to gain the licence (i.e the CPL and Instrument Rating) you are on your own with an instructor. And as i recall, autopilot is not allowed, nor is GPS on the CPL… :smiley:

Despite what you say about the ILS you are not quite there. All you say is correct once qualified but what you failed to say is that to get in that seat you have to demonstrate that you can do it ALL manually. Or you wouldn’t be there in the first place. Planes have not always had automated systems either. Most pilots land the plane manually as the AP tends to ‘drop’ onto the runway rather than fly on to it. In bad fog they tend to divert rather than land although an experienced captain can land when the cloud base is down to a couple of hundred feet AGL.

And yes, I have a Private Pilot’s Licence too, and an IMC rating and a Night Rating…

Wages aren’t that good either unless your with BA or some other biggie.

With Easyjet the new first officer rate was 25K for instance a year or two back…

Of course you need to be able to do it all yourself but the point I was making was it rarely ever works that way.

Sam Millar:
Of course you need to be able to do it all yourself but the point I was making was it rarely ever works that way.

You need to do a bit of research & find out just how much you don’t actually know about commercial pilots.