Tetley Teabags!

Pat, your Tetley Teabags are packaged up and ready to send, look for 'em end of the week, unless USPS sends 'em via US Airways like they did last weeks mail, it all got lost along with 10,000 pieces of luggage :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone else over here in dire need of Tetley Teabags ( British Blend )?, shout now or for ever hold your piece ( just donā€™t hold it in front of me! :blush: ) catch me while Iā€™m feeling generous, cuz after next week the generousity and festive spirit will be gone for another year :laughing:

Maximum of two boxes per Ex-Pat, I can only supply up to 4 people. Just in case anyone is wondering. I deliver to Tetley on a regular basis, I got an extra case from them at Christmas, they usually supply me with a case every 4-6 weeks, I done 'em a few favours over Christmas and got an extra case for my troubles. Having said that, donā€™t feel you have to have a couple of boxes to keep me happy, cuz believe me, the rate I drink tea, Iā€™ll soon use 'em up!

Incidentley if you live near or pass a Krogers Supermarket , check it out as most Krogers sell Tetleyā€™s British Blend, usually around $2.79 for a box of 80, not as good as Brooke Bond PG Tips, but when youā€™re stuck over here without a Sainsbauryā€™s or Tesco, then you have to take what you can get :wink:

My local Indo/Pakastani store sells them, along with all the Brooke Bond and even some green-label Lipton tea. I prefer the Taj Mahal blend, myselfā€¦

Put me on the standby list for a box Cliff, the local shops up here sell acceptable tea. Not quite the British blend (even though it says Tetleys on the box)ā€¦
Itā€™ll take much more than a couple of days to get out here, since thereā€™s over 2ā€™ of snow come down in the last 2 days

alli my box of Tetley orange pekoe says packed in England tasts ok could be your water :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Possible Brian, Iā€™m using hot water from a cooler which has that super pure filtered stuff.

AlexxInNY:
My local Indo/Pakastani store sells them, along with all the Brooke Bond and even some green-label Lipton tea. I prefer the Taj Mahal blend, myselfā€¦

Which Brooke Bond?, is it the PG Tips Teabags?, if so how many count is the box?, last questionā€¦How Much? :wink:

Alikat, if you wanna box just let me know where to send it. In Canada, if I remember rightly, Brooke Bond is sold at a lot of the supermarkets, why would you want 2nd best? :confused:

Iā€™ve never seen Brooke Bond in any stores here :exclamation:
All we can get in Some immitaion ā€˜English Breakfast Teaā€™ made by Liptons.

Itā€™s crap, you have to use 2 bags to make a cup. :exclamation:

Pat Hasler:
All we can get in Some immitaion ā€˜English Breakfast Teaā€™ made by Liptons.

Itā€™s crap, you have to use 2 bags to make a cup. :exclamation:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Thats exactly what I found out when I first moved here, and no one back home believed me, they reckoned as it was Liptons (British Company) it must be the OK, they thought I was just complaining for complainings sake. But as you have found Pat, their Tea is just like their Beerā€¦Bloody Gnats ā– ā– ā– ā– ! :angry:

The local Indian store carries the full range of British (actually Indian) teas, and they charge about $6 for a box of 100 bags, if memory serves me right.

If there is an Indian food store near you, thatā€™s where Iā€™d look. My local supermarkets (Tops and Wegmans) both have decent-sized Indian food sections where they keep the ā€œrealā€ tea, but sometimes it isnā€™t very fresh. Americans know nothing about tea.

AlexxInNY:
The local Indian store carries the full range of British (actually Indian) teas, and they charge about $6 for a box of 100 bags, if memory serves me right.

If there is an Indian food store near you, thatā€™s where Iā€™d look. My local supermarkets (Tops and Wegmans) both have decent-sized Indian food sections where they keep the ā€œrealā€ tea, but sometimes it isnā€™t very fresh. Americans know nothing about tea.

They do in Boston

Wasnt there a party there? :stuck_out_tongue:

You cannot even get decent tea in Europe, what chance do you lot have?

Wheel Nut:
They do in Boston

Wasnt there a party there? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thatā€™s probably where American dislike of tea came from-all the bleedinā€™ taxes you put on it!!

Itā€™s the Tea drinking down here I canā€™t get over, they drink it chilled with no bloody milk in it either :open_mouth: They call it Iced tea, I tried it twice ( I try unusual food twice just to give it a fair crackā€¦) itā€™s was bloody DISGUSTING!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: what I donā€™t understand is, why do they make it sweet but when they drink it, put a slice of Chuffing Lemon in it to ā€™ bitter it up ā€™ :open_mouth: ā€¦I swear itā€™s like drinking ditch water on a winters day!

Thats why the Liptons Tea comes out so bloody weak that it ought to be ā€™ coming out on crutches ā€™ Itā€™s cuz itā€™s meant for Iced Tea, not the ā€™ proper ā€™ tea us Brits drink :wink:

So far, Iā€™ve converted 4 people to ā€™ Proper Tea ā€™ ā€¦our Nightime Security Guard, his sidekick whoā€™s a young black bloke from the local ā€™ hood ā€™ :open_mouth: , my Dispatcher and one of the women in the officeā€¦so thereā€™s hope for these Colonial Tea Tax Rebels Yet! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat, you should have got your Teabags by now, let me know OK?

Cliff: Is this Orange Pekoe tea packed in blue boxes? Thatā€™s what we get here in Canada. My mother likes tea rather than coffee in a restaurant and was always disgusted with the American habit of bringing a cup with boiled water and a tea bag to the table.
We, in Canada, do get a small pot to steep the tea in in most restaurants.

Iced Tea, though is different here. It is like pop, packaged in a tin and sweetened. I was entertaining some people from Oklahoma and we all ordered iced tea. They couldnā€™t drink it.

My preference is coffee from TIM HORTONS. This is a chain of doughnut stores that was started in Hamilton Ontario by a Toronto Maple Leaf hockey player (Tim Horton) and a retired ploiceman. Americans find it very strong; no STARBUCKS flavours, nor prices. A large coffee is 1.40 Canadian, all taxes included.

Pat, you should have got your Teabags by now, let me know OK?

He got the teabags the other day Cliffā€¦ think heā€™s just been too busy to pop on and say thank youā€¦ Iā€™m sure he meant to.

Bluejaysfan:
Cliff: My mother likes tea rather than coffee in a restaurant and was always disgusted with the American habit of bringing a cup with boiled water and a tea bag to the table.
We, in Canada, do get a small pot to steep the tea in in most restaurants.

Its not an ā€œAmerican habitā€ā€¦ sounds like a few ignorant places that are either to cheap to buy teapots, or people that donā€™t drink tea who donā€™t know how to serve it. Most restaurants I know of have proper teapots and use them.

And iced tea is deliciousā€¦ if made properly. Not sure why you guys are so critical of things that are different. Same old thingā€¦ if its not the British way, its the wrong wayā€¦ :unamused:

Cliff, Thanks for theTea Bags :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I did leave a message on your voice mail the other day.
Whats the problem with mixing sugar and lemon :question: One GREAT British tradition is Pancakes on Shrove Tuesday ā€¦ mmmmmmmmmmmmm
I as do most Brits always put sugar and lemon on them :exclamation: OK, OK ā€¦ Now my mouth is watering :laughing:

Flippin eck Pat! You made me want them now you illigitimate descendant of a female canine :stuck_out_tongue: What you want to go and do a thing like that for?
mutter Grumble
Now I got to go and make some pancakesā€¦ with sugar and lemonā€¦

Glad you got the Teabags Pat!, hope you enjoy 'em, cuz there ainā€™t no more till next Christmas :laughing:

And why the hell did you have to mention the fact that we ā€™ Brits ā€™ indulge the mixing of sugar and lemon in British kitchens once a year? Now Iā€™ve got to eat my words with your Missus again :laughing: Yeah, you sod! youā€™ve got my mouth watering too, Iā€™m glad my Mums over here, gonna take her down the local supermarket to get the ingredients for my first British Pancakes since 1989 :open_mouth: As Iā€™ve never made 'em before, I want to learn, Iā€™d forgotten all about pancake day since Iā€™ve been here :blush: :confused: ( see what happens when you are plucked from the bosom of the Mother Country and tricked into living in the Colonies :laughing: ) Iā€™ve talked her into making some pancakes today, because she flies home tomorrow and wonā€™t be here for the proper pancake day, hopefully Iā€™ll be able to replicate her wonderful pancakes on pancake day (when is it anyway?) and for that matter why do we celebrate it?, hope it ainā€™t nothing too religious :open_mouth: ( thatā€™d be bad for my Pagan reputation that I enjoy in this Bible Thumping , God Fearing, Evangelical Religious Firebrand and very Hypocrytical neighbourhood :laughing: )

PS Pat, I also got the voicemail you left, unfortunately I was at home when you sent it, and T Mobile donā€™t seem capable of advancing mobile phone technology in our neck of the woods (I have to go about a mile or so down the road to make or receive phone calls :unamused: ) actually I should say that in ā€™ T Mobiles ā€™ defence, none of the other mobile phone companies phones work in our street either (except my Mums, which is a UK phone :open_mouth: ā€¦go figure! :unamused: ) Anyway, Iā€™ve pasted your number on my mobile, probably ring you next week when I get back to work.