Tethering with smartphone

Never have used my smartphone as a hotspot ( tethering ) , I`am considering buying a tablet mainly for the maps , how easy is it to carry out tethering , many thanks in advance gents .

Pretty straightforward from a smart phone. Just a case of going into settings.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tethering is easy enough but watch your data usage…nobody does unlimited tethering anymore afaik…and another thing, I’m pretty sure google maps doesn’t connect to a hotspot’ iPad to use as a ‘satnav’…again, check it out. Great for watching a bit of tv though, if you have Netflix or some sort of subscription tv at home as you can watch Sky/BT sports & Sky movies if you have them at home

Double post :blush: :unamused:

Why use maps that aren’t downloaded on to the device these are called off board systems there ok but as said they will hammer any data usage you have
3 do a sim only 12 month deal where you can get 32gb per month to use as a hot spot at unlimited calls text and phone data. Could be worth a look decide on what tablet you want first then decide what data you want from it. It won’t show any mot detail than you would see on a phone screen and the navigation apps are just the same for tablet as they are for smartphone