Test

So My class 2 tests fast approaching and really wanting pass is driving me insane, just looking through my minor’s on my test I failed i got 2 for use of mirrors (change of speed) which I’m gathering is to do with slowing down as i find myself looking into the mirrors as i brake either that or not looking into them at correct time when accelerating, struggling to find any helpful tips although i feel it should be straight forward…

Trucker2021:
So My class 2 tests fast approaching and really wanting pass is driving me insane, just looking through my minor’s on my test I failed i got 2 for use of mirrors (change of speed) which I’m gathering is to do with slowing down as i find myself looking into the mirrors as i brake either that or not looking into them at correct time when accelerating, struggling to find any helpful tips although i feel it should be straight forward…

Seems to me you already know what to correct :smiley:

ROG:

Trucker2021:

Seems to me you already know what to correct :smiley:

I’m struggling though I keep finding myself doing mirrors whilst braking whilst I’m guessing won’t be accepted lol

A tip I found useful is that as soon as you get any instruction from the examiner i.e. “turn next right” you should immediately check your mirrors.

rb1889:
A tip I found useful is that as soon as you get any instruction from the examiner i.e. “turn next right” you should immediately check your mirrors.

Yeah that’s a good shout, I’ve got 3 weeks to try and iron out my little habits… I have actually got Into the habit of checking mirrors more often it just take that look too early or too late and just like that minor lol

Did the minors fail you? What actually caused the fail?

TruckerGuy:
Did the minors fail you? What actually caused the fail?

No, I failed on the reverse when I returned to the test centre because I was taught badly (my excuse) the marker on the mud guard had moved at some point resulting in me going back too far and hitting the barrier, I smashed both days training so I’m pretty confident I can do it with making sure it’s in the correct place this time…

My problem is with being a self confessed over thinker I’m now looking at my minors and other reasons I might end up failing and I really don’t want to have to wait another 3/4 months for another test lol so I need to do it next month…

Hi. Sorry to hear you had issues on your test. A couple of tips: get your 3a test done in the next couple of weeks. Many trainers will be authorised to conduct this. The test fee is £40 but, of course, vehicle hire costs will vary. In the case of the forum sponsor, Peter Smythe Transport Training Ltd, the vehicle hire fee is just £30. So the whole thing is £70 assuming no training is required.

Having passed that, you can then complete the 3b test within 6 months and get it passed. On the matter of mirrors, a couple of points. It sound that you understand that “mirrors changing speed” translates to checking both mirrors before and during braking and accelerating. BUT the issue can also arise even if you’ve done that perfectly. It’s important that you react to what you’re meant to be checking. eg, if you accelerate (having checked both mirrors superbly) whilst there is something overtaking you or about to overtake, you’ve got a problem. And that might well have been the issue on your test.

Hope you have better luck next time, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
Hi. Sorry to hear you had issues on your test. A couple of tips: get your 3a test done in the next couple of weeks. Many trainers will be authorised to conduct this. The test fee is £40 but, of course, vehicle hire costs will vary. In the case of the forum sponsor, Peter Smythe Transport Training Ltd, the vehicle hire fee is just £30. So the whole thing is £70 assuming no training is required.

Having passed that, you can then complete the 3b test within 6 months and get it passed. On the matter of mirrors, a couple of points. It sound that you understand that “mirrors changing speed” translates to checking both mirrors before and during braking and accelerating. BUT the issue can also arise even if you’ve done that perfectly. It’s important that you react to what you’re meant to be checking. eg, if you accelerate (having checked both mirrors superbly) whilst there is something overtaking you or about to overtake, you’ve got a problem. And that might well have been the issue on your test.

Hope you have better luck next time, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

No worries from what I’ve heard quite a few people don’t manage to pass first time, these things happen, I still beat myself up a bit knowing that if I hadn’t of hit that barrier I would of passed…

My retest is booked for 3rd December and the company I currently work for are paying for it so I don’t have much say for the money side but we’re using hughes driver training near where I live…

Yeah I understand the use of mirrors a lot more now, failing has taught me a lot, I’m just trying not to pick up silly little minor mistakes…