Test waiting times!

hi everyone as a ne member to the site i just wanted to ask how long its taken to get a test date as passed my theory/hpt in dec and passed my cpc case studies today spoke to my insructor this evening who is going to book my test and then arrange training once we have a date i cant wait to get out and start driving lol…

Depending on how many days of training you need… i.e 5days mon-fri, your test will be on the 5th day, the fri…this is the usual procedure ive seen

i will be doing my training on a sat and sun and test monday was basically trying to find out how long between booking a test and taking the test is

My driving School has their tests pre-booked for around 12 weeks in advanced

The error you’ve made is in waiting to do the driver cpc. Having passed your theory tests you could have started your practical training and taken your test.
As mentioned, many trainers have tests 12 weeks ahead; you are either dealing with a trainer who doesn’t offer that facility or he may be having to get an extra test for a Monday if that is something he doesn’t normally do.
Hope this might help explain :laughing: :laughing:

sorry Peter you are right…Ive passed my test in 1994, so i didnt have to do the CPC.

hi guys i didnt wait to do cpc its cost for me as doing this all myself and not working at the moment as due to have an op on my spine the reason i done my case studies is that i will be doing my mod 4 and class 2 test the same day to be able to get out to work faster i have just looked and i can get a test for the 31st as long as my trainer is free that weekend only a small company with two trainers as i was going to use fst track lgv but things just didnt seem right etc

hi all finally heard back from my training provider last night my test is booked for the 31st of jan so a lot quicker than anicipated time to start craping myself now lol as reaaly nervous as wont be able to afford any more training and tests etc if i fail ive been told i should passno problems etc and will be doing my training on sat /sun with the test on the monday afternoon if anyone has any words of advice would be greatfully appreciated

snap .im doing my test on that day too so we can be both nervous lol.ive had great adice though from reading this forum .ive been waiting since december to start the practicall ,but because of the snow it all got cancelled .im right looking forward to the training ive got to be in sheffield for 8am so im gonna leave doncaster at 6am
good luck ill keep fingers and toes crossed for us both :stuck_out_tongue:

im lucky my test is half two wish it was earlier less time to get nervous lol have you had your training yet i started out in nov with my theory tests and done my cpc case studies last week also had a driving assessment last week their more confident than i am that ill pass lol anyway congrats to you as far as im conserned there is not enough women out there doing ths job

i start my training on tuesday 25th so looking forward to that ,not had no assesment drive though

oh right that was the first thing the company im using asked me to do to assess how many hours of training i would need the best thing for me is doing my training on the weekend and test monday although i done really wel on my assessment im still nervous as hell lol

Try to stay calm on the day of test but dont worry to much if you make mistake in the training time as it can be corrected then by your instructor & dont be afraid to ask a question as the only stupid question is the 1 you dont ask

We nearly all make mistakes within the training that s what it is there for as long as you dont make the same mistake on test remember when I done mine I was the only female there doing it the guy I was training with was a bit cocky at times the instructor thought he would pass but he didnt on the other hand he thought I wouldnt pass & yep I did so just goes to show

Take your time remember they dont have a Russian gearbox in them :smiley:

Good luck to both of you

thanks for the vote of confidence lol i dont want to sound cocky as im far from it but i have faith in my driving ability its just when you have someone scrutinising your every move it makes you make mistakes you wouldnt normally make my moto is its not you you have to worry about whilst driving its all the other idiots out there lol

Peter Smythe:
The error you’ve made is in waiting to do the driver cpc. Having passed your theory tests you could have started your practical training and taken your test.
As mentioned, many trainers have tests 12 weeks ahead; you are either dealing with a trainer who doesn’t offer that facility or he may be having to get an extra test for a Monday if that is something he doesn’t normally do.

hi peter can i send you a pm i want to put my lad though his hgv 2/1 want some advice about a company he s found thanks

can i just say fast track hgv/lgv is full of promises and not all that good im now taining with an independant firm called martin hopkins driving school of frome can you add this name to the list of recommended

spanishvan:

Peter Smythe:

hi peter can i send you a pm i want to put my lad though his hgv 2/1 want some advice about a company he s found thanks

As I have said on here before I have had a couple of pm & phone calls with Peter & he gave me a lot of useful info & help as has Data Academy on here

But you could also ask on here about the company see if anyone know of them

spanishvan:
… i want to put my lad though his hgv 2/1 want some advice about a company he s found thanks

Hi spanishivan,

You could try this link to our TNUK list of recommended training schools to see whether the company you have in mind has already been used by any our members.

:arrow_right: LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I hope this helps, but I’m fairly sure that Peter wouldn’t mind a PM. :wink:

dieseldave:

spanishvan:
… i want to put my lad though his hgv 2/1 want some advice about a company he s found thanks

Hi spanishivan,

You could try this link to our TNUK list of recommended training schools to see whether the company you have in mind has already been used by any our members.

:arrow_right: LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I hope this helps, but I’m fairly sure that Peter wouldn’t mind a PM. :wink:

hi d/d my boy rang up a company which is called hgv network i think its a broker a middleman just want to know if this is a ok company as wil be spending about 2500 for courses thanks pm me

They sound like a broker to me

You could also look in your local yellow pages to see what training providers are in there call them up & ask to go & visit them to speak in person with them then you will see for your self what they can offer you, you will also get a feel for the place & there instructors

Depends where you are based :question: ( think you have said but forgot :blush: :blush: )

But dont always go fro the cheapest as I think you will know that it not always best to do that