Test thursday a couple of questions

When you failed did you not get the SL25 form with all the answers on the back or when you did a mock test

Signals

You must clearly signal to let other know what you intend to do You should only use signals shown in the Highway Code if it would help other road users ( including pedestrians ) Always signal in good time and ensure that the signal has been cancelled after the manoeuver has been completed Do not beckon to pedestrians to cross the road

The answer to question 1 simple Awareness / Planning also Judgement

When I got back with my fail sheet I put it down on the coffee table to look at later, the wife came in the room with some old bills in her hand, she had been busy shreading them and I got into conversation about the test with her. Later, when I went looking for the fail sheet we couldn’t find it…

I think the wife must have picked it up and shreaded it lol.

So I haven’t been able to go over what I failed on.
:blush:

allanwhyte77:
When I got back with my fail sheet I put it down on the coffee table to look at later, the wife came in the room with some old bills in her hand, she had been busy shreading them and I got into conversation about the test with her. Later, when I went looking for the fail sheet we couldn’t find it…

I think the wife must have picked it up and shreaded it lol.

So I haven’t been able to go over what I failed on.
:blush:

did you instructor photostat it after the test :question:

Yes he did so hopefully we will go over it onThursday. As the test gets nearer I start wondering if I’m doing all sorts wrong.
Another question, I know it’s mirror, signal, manuvour but what is the exact procedure? I’ve been doing it like this start the engine, check in neutral, offside mirror, near side mirror, offside mirror, blind spot, into gear, release the hand break as checking mirrors again while setting off. Is this about right?
Thanks

allanwhyte77:
Yes he did so hopefully we will go over it onThursday. As the test gets nearer I start wondering if I’m doing all sorts wrong.
Another question, I know it’s mirror, signal, ADD A MIRROR CHECK HERE manuvour but what is the exact procedure? I’ve been doing it like this start the engine, check in neutral,INTO GEAR AT THIS POINT offside mirror, near side mirror, offside mirror, blind spot, into gear, release the hand break as checking mirrors again while setting off. Is this about right?
Thanks

Blind spot last - just before moving

Are you all set and ready for the test tomorrow :question:

Cheers for asking Rog I’m as ready as I’m going to be, just been out for a practice drive in the car. I’ll let you know how I get on. Thanks for all your advice so far it really has helped me a lot. Would you believe the wife found my fail sheet it was on top of the fridge freezer lol.

Got 10 minors, 1 for control steering, 1 for moving off safety, 2 for use of mirrors signalling, 1 for signals necessary, 1 for clearence/ obstructions, 1 for junctions turning right, 1 for positioning lane discipline and 1 for awareness/planing.

And the 3 serious response to signs traffic lights, use of speed and judgement crossing. He gave be both a minor and a serious for the 1 section on use of speed. He said that when he asked me ‘what speed I should be going?’ and I said ‘I thought I had left the 20 zone’ he gave me a serious, but if I had said ‘I hadn’t noticed I was over 20’ he would have just given me a minor.

Sounds like a little nerves had set in - not too bad and nothing that cannot be put right tomorrow :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I would have been more concerned if you had kept repeating the same fault as this might have indicated that more training or practice was required.

Cheers Rog :slight_smile:

Good luck Al. Stay foccused. :wink:

I reckon allanwhyte77 must have the late test today :exclamation:

Failed again, complete disaster! Failed before I had even left the test centre. Did something I’ve never done before or thought I would. I ran over the cone on my reverse. The reverse has always been the one thing I’ve always been confident with so I could’t believe I’d just done it.

Right from the start when the examiner asked me my fifth question in the cab ‘Where do you keep the first aid equipment on this vehicle?’ I said as I have on my sheet at home ‘This vehicle doesn’t have any first aid equipment because it doesn’t carry pasengers or hazardous goods’ he said ‘Where would it be kept if you did carry it’. I honestly didn’t have a clue so I pointed to the back. He said ‘No that was wrong’ I still didn’t have a clue so he looked up so I pointed at the shelf above. He said that was right. New one on me.

On to the controled stop, that was fine. then got into the reverse position, couldn’t get it to go into reverse, tried three times, eventually got it in but obviously didn’t get into the lock enough, could’nt believe it when I saw the cone under my wheel.

I thought whats the point in going out on the road at this point because I knew it was a fail. My head was mashed, couldn’t even follow simple directions, stalled lots of times, went from one mistake to the next. It was the worst drive I’ve ever had. The nerves had got the better of me and It was a complete mess.

I’d had a good drive down there too, no real mistakes perhaps the odd minor but no real problems, my instructor said ‘There was no reason why I shouldn’t pass today my driving was good’.

I’ve booked another test for the 8th of October, I’ll have to try to resolve the nerves by then and try to get my head round it. The other guy from our place who was having his test at the same time, ran into the examiner on his reverse, He thought he had put it into reverse but he hadn’t he had it in first and drove into him. Not a good day for him either. :frowning:

Bloomin heck Al. Are your nerves that bad? A lad I was teaching was really nervous on tests i sent him to the doc. The doc prescribed beta blockers for a few days before the last test and he was fine. Try it.

I must say the motor you are driving sounds a little dodgy.

What happend about the DE that got hit?

Lol, I don’t know what happened to him because I was in a different truck and didn’t see it, only heared about it when I got back to Manchester. I don’t think I can blame the truck because I was fine on the road down there. The other guy had three serious in the first few minutes out of the test centre I guess it wasn’t his day either lol.

Sounds like a nightmare.
Good luck, fingers crossed for next time.

I do not know a cure for nerves as it is a state of mind - I have heard of people trying hypnotism for nerves in other situations.

**NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve just ordered some beta blockers (proprandalol) online. I think (hope) they’ll do the trick. I’ll try them a couple of days before the test just to make sure they don’t turn me into a zombie, don’t think that would impress the examiner much :slight_smile: .

allanwhyte77:
I’ve just ordered some beta blockers (proprandalol) online. I think (hope) they’ll do the trick. I’ll try them a couple of days before the test just to make sure they don’t turn me into a zombie, don’t think that would impress the examiner much :slight_smile: .

Alan, beta blockers can be dangerous .You doctor will prescribe them if you are suitable. Some people cannot take beta blockers and to do so may be dangerous.

Have you had them before?

I believe there are many variants and dosages

allanwhyte77:

If not working at the weekend - try them starting Friday evening - it will give you time SHOULD you have any side effects.