Test passed, driver cpc question

Hey guys, this site has been super helpful throughout my cat c training, so I was wondering if someone could help answer a question for me.

I passed my test on 9th may, and booked my cpc part 4 there and then for the 23rd may, the examiner I passed with took my licence to post off. So my question is can I take my part 4 if my licence still isn’t back?

the minutes after passing my test were a blur, but somethings telling me the examiner said the pass certificate I got acts as my licence until I get it back. The reason the whole training has been slightly rushed is because im currently agency drivers mate, and have been offerd a job as a driver providing I can get my licence in time. I would really appreciate any help or info.

my training company seem to think I should get it back in time, but I don’t want to risk loosing £265. many thanks.

No licence = no mod 4 dcpc test

You should have your licence back within a week up to 10 days… I think you’ll be fine to do your mod 4 on 23rd…

Andy

You will be able to change the date of the MOD 4 test up until Saturday 18th May without losing your test fee. It can be changed at gov.uk/change-date-driving-theory-test

If your licence is not back by the deadline day I would strongly suggest calling the training company and explaining your problem.

In our experience licences dealt with by examiners take around 10 working days to arrive so it will be very tight. You could call the DVLA licence section on Friday 17th on 0300 790 6801 and ask if it has been issued yet. If not then rearrange the CPC as above. If it has been issued and is in the post you can take a chance on it arriving if you want to.