test drive

Hi all
been very busy just got me funds sorted to do me training
Going to kent metro hgv training…
cant wait to get started on me training… are there many firms hireing fresh drivers at mo or is it still a case of agency work ?

Sigh…

Nowhere takes on new drivers these days!!!

Do your homework and think twice before you sit your test!!

stagedriver:
Sigh…

Im a new driver and ive landed a job.

Depends on where you are probably best to look for a job as an agency driver you are only as good as your last day.I get a lot of ■■■■ through agency’s who will not entertain less than two years experience, its an ugly cycle. My plan now is to go back to being forkie for two years and then I have the experience.

am 24 passed in june been offered 2 class2 jobs and a class1 that i start in 2weeks.
if its somthing you realy want to do then go for it, yes its not easy to find a job but just have to keep looking

stagedriver:
Sigh…

Ignore this post, will not be easy to get but yes companies do take new drivers on, but if you wanna sit at a pc like this member and moan rather than get out there and look then no they wont take you on!!

stagedriver:
Sigh…

This post is total crap. (no disrespect intended)

You may not land a cream of the crop job on day one 5 minutes into your search, but with effort and the right attitude, you will get something to get you on the first rung of the ladder.

I got my c+e last week - after a hic-up!

Revisited the companies I’d spoken to (by dropping off my cv in person) prior to my test, and have landed a 3 day a week job (nightsout). Spoken to a couple of companies in covering hols and sickness and will be speaking with a few more companies in the next few weeks. Basically, I’m intending to be my own agency.

If it doesn’t work - what the hell!

So what’s everyone complaining about a shortage of work if new guys can walk into a job?

i had test drive class 2 in a daf told 20 hrs should pass,
thinking about me class 1, hgv training said use same truck and a drawbar trailer,
is there a lot of difference in the 2 ie standard artic to drawbar… any info greatfull

got me theory & hazard booked cant wait does any body know how often thay change the questions as my training disc is from 2007.
any info greatful, as if out of date will get new as dont want to waste money, it was hard enough to get this money sorted…

thanks to all…

Get the complete LGV and PCV theory test cd 2012. It’s brilliant, covers all the questions and lets you track your progress.

Dan_1986:

stagedriver:
Sigh…

Im a new driver and ive landed a job.

+1

weeman1:
i had test drive class 2 in a daf told 20 hrs should pass,
thinking about me class 1, hgv training said use same truck and a drawbar trailer,
is there a lot of difference in the 2 ie standard artic to drawbar… any info greatfull

I passed my c+e in a MAN drawbar same truck I passed my class 2 in,
It’s a lot easier in a drawbar to pass in more manoeuvrable,

As I watched an artic doing the reverse exercise I threw the drawbar in everytime first time quicker than an artic and easier I thought.

I’ve had a few lessons in an artic to prepare me for my assesment/interview for Eddie stobarts :slight_smile:

Good luck with your training and test mate.

cant wait to get theory & hazard done then training to get me hgv iv had more than enough years driving them 7.5t about…
i feel like a little kid waiting for me xmas presants… lol :grimacing:

weeman1:
got me theory & hazard booked cant wait does any body know how often thay change the questions as my training disc is from 2007.
any info greatful, as if out of date will get new as dont want to waste money, it was hard enough to get this money sorted…

thanks to all…

Mine were older than that I think only had think 30 or 34 questions passed np all they do is increase the number of questions upto 100 nowt to worry about although I did have the book as well ( still have it tbh )

Tarrman:
Get the complete LGV and PCV theory test cd 2012. It’s brilliant, covers all the questions and lets you track your progress.

+1 Got it and it got me through my tests first time :slight_smile:

got me tests im morning pooing meself… cant wait to get it over with, me wife says im silly telling people as if ya fail every 1 knows i suppose she is right… but who cares , fingers x abs you can do this

good luck buddy :wink:

Hi Abs
No need to worry about this little step. You will score over 90 on the MC test and around 80 on the HP so sleep peacefully.

This time tomorrow you will be planning the real challenge.

I would say GL but you won’t need it.