Tescos driver Saturday AM m4

Travelling along the m4 Saturday AM when said tesco lorry came past me on limiter riding up the arse of a car in the middle lane and the outside lane!!!

How you ask can he do that, well we were going throught the 40mph limited roadworks at the time just before Swindon, with the two outside lines on 6"6 restrictions so he was straddling both lanes.

Well that takes the biscuit for the most unprofessional driver of the week, especially when he turned off at junction 15. What a class 1 ■■■■■■■ moron who shouldnt have a wheelbarrow licence let alone a class 1.

Plenty of em about mate, just makes me even sicker that I’ve had such a bad time getting my class 1:

I’ve failed three times, the first (I felt) was close but not close enough - I came to a big roundabout and stopped, a car already on the rbt near enough stopped when he saw me and in effect I had time to get to where I was going - but turns out that’s not how it works on the test so I failed - fair enough I suppose. Even the examiner said it was a shame.

Second time I got three minors - and the major. Reverse was perfect, drive went really well all but this;
The examiner asked me to pull into one of those parking places that are a bit like a layby, it was tight and I miss-judged it slightly and knocked the kerb with the unit’s front wheel (didn’t go up it), that was it - FAILED :imp:

Third time my mind was a mess, I went into the test wondering how on earth I could ever pass and worrying about the small fortune it was costing me! I made a right mess of it and failed miserably.

The point is, with some of the idiots on the road - HOW COME THEY PASSED THEM AND FAILED ME!!? :imp:

It’s because the driving test is designed to focus on tiny, pedantic faults and uses them to create a case against your ability. It’s not interested in how wise and mature your attitude may be to driving in general which may actually be quite good, so that when you’re out of the test centre, your not going to stick two fingers up to everything you’ve just been taught and go off and drive like a loony. It’s not as if the better truck drivers amongst us never slightly misjudge timing on a roundabout or clip the odd kerb or two over the thousand or more miles we do every week.

Same problem with the car test. You’re taught how to pass a test, but not given any reasoning as to why it’s important to drive safely and sensibly and to the conditions of the road after you’ve passed, or are you assessed on your attitudes to motoring. That’s why so many young drivers find out the hard way, usually ending up in a coffin.

Whatever licence anyone goes for, there should to be 2 tests.
Basic test - just as it is now
suitable time gap then
Progress test - but not done the same pedantic way of the basic one - perhaps more like a ‘lets see if we let you keep the licence’ assessment - I think you get my drift…

darkseeker:
Plenty of em about mate, just makes me even sicker that I’ve had such a bad time getting my class 1:

I’ve failed three times, the first (I felt) was close but not close enough - I came to a big roundabout and stopped, a car already on the rbt near enough stopped when he saw me and in effect I had time to get to where I was going - but turns out that’s not how it works on the test so I failed - fair enough I suppose. Even the examiner said it was a shame.

Second time I got three minors - and the major. Reverse was perfect, drive went really well all but this;
The examiner asked me to pull into one of those parking places that are a bit like a layby, it was tight and I miss-judged it slightly and knocked the kerb with the unit’s front wheel (didn’t go up it), that was it - FAILED :imp:

Third time my mind was a mess, I went into the test wondering how on earth I could ever pass and worrying about the small fortune it was costing me! I made a right mess of it and failed miserably.

The point is, with some of the idiots on the road - HOW COME THEY PASSED THEM AND FAILED ME!!? :imp:

Darkseeker, dont give up mate, i managed to get mine on my 4th, my 3rd test i was in the test centre at beverley and did my reverse, managed to do that and then went round to the braking test, as I set off I looked round and there was nothing there, the test centre was empty, went up to the corner and then the examiner said “you have seen that car, havent you??”, i looked over again and saw a car in the corner and then looked on my nearside and there was a blue merc there, turns out it was a chinese couple who got lost!! I stopped and so did he, then I set off and so did he :smiling_imp: , managed to finally get to the braking area, and then did the test. Got back and was told I had failed due to the examiner giving me a verbal warning!! Gutted was not the word, I went for it again and then passed it. I learnt more in my 1st day driving an artic then I ever did on my lessons!! And as for reversing I have never seen a bay like the one in the test centre to this day!!

You will get it mate, just do your best, If its nerves that you suffer with, rescue remedy is very good, calmed me down anyways!!

Best of luck mate. :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks all, and sorry - didn’t mean to hijack the thread, was just joining in the rant :laughing:

Ah, I’ll try again soon, gonna do a whole course though as it’s been a while. Considering doing it again soon as it happens, if I can find a way to fund it. I know it’ll be a lot different in real life to the test - their ball - their rules and all that.

deleted wrong post